ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak a rouundtable conference on "The New Turkish Foreign Policy in the Western Balkans" in Belgrade, organised by the ISAC Fund and the Heinrich Böll Foundation. The Conference was attended by experts and academics from Turkey, the EU and the countries of the Western Balkans, to discuss Turkey's new foreign policy and its increased activism in the Western Balkans region.
8 April 2011
ESI in Belgrade: The New Turkish Foreign Policy in the Western Balkans
- 19 March 2015: Bogota – ESI at workshop on new strategies and practices in human rights
- 14 March 2015: Budapest – CEU Passion Project with ESI tackles Azerbaijan
- 7 March 2015: Pristina – Kosovar migrants, EU borders, poverty and visa-free travel
- 12 February 2015: Sarajevo – ESI presents ideas on Bosnia's EU accession process in Sarajevo
- 30 January 2015: Paris – Workshop with EU officials on how Commission reports on enlargement make a difference
- 29 January 2015: Zagreb – ESI moderating "20 years of EU membership" panel discussion
- 22 January 2015: Graz – ESI lecture: Do outsiders get the Balkans and Turkey?
- 17 December 2014: Istanbul – ESI briefing: The end of visas for Turkish citizens - Where are we today?
- 2 December 2014: ESI presentations on EU enlargement in Paris, The Hague, and Rome
- 20 November 2014: Batumi – Human Rights in the Eastern Partnership
- 18 November 2014: Turkey – Events in Ankara and Istanbul: Beyond Chapters – The Future of Turkey in Europe
- 12 November 2014: Oslo – The dream of a Europe without political prisoners and the grim reality of Azerbaijan
- 11 November 2014: Sofia – Dealing with the Past & looking to the Future in Bulgaria
- 7 November 2014: Rome – Regional stability and enlargement to the Western Balkans
- 7 November 2014: Sarajevo – ESI at conference on new impetus for European Integration of Western Balkans
- 31 October 2014: Zurich – Workshop on EU enlargement and rule of law
- 29 October 2014: Vienna – European Integration of the Balkans
- 27 October 2014: Former ESI analyst and blogger Arzu Geybulla one of the BBC's "100 Women"
- 27 October 2014: Washington DC – Broader Implications of the Human Rights Crackdown in Azerbaijan
- 23 October 2014: Cambridge – Workshop at the Harvard Kennedy School on Teaching Human Rights Practice
- More news…