ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak a rouundtable conference on "The New Turkish Foreign Policy in the Western Balkans" in Belgrade, organised by the ISAC Fund and the Heinrich Böll Foundation. The Conference was attended by experts and academics from Turkey, the EU and the countries of the Western Balkans, to discuss Turkey's new foreign policy and its increased activism in the Western Balkans region.
8 April 2011
ESI in Belgrade: The New Turkish Foreign Policy in the Western Balkans
- 27 March 2017: Cologne – EU-Turkey agreement one year on – and now?
- 15 March 2017: Visby – ESI at Visby conference: Europe Whole and Free – Challenges in the Eastern Neighbourhood
- 7 March 2017: Vienna – Towards a humane and effective asylum policy
- 24 February 2017: Washington D.C. – ESI lecture on Global Caviar Diplomacy at Hudson Institute
- 22 February 2017: Bratislava - ESI discussing migration and developments on the Balkan route
- 28 January 2017: Amsterdam – ESI at the Human Rights Weekend
- 17 January 2017: Berlin – ESI at the Bundestag: Turkey in the Erdogan era - parting with Europe?
- 12 January 2017: Sarajevo – ESI discusses populism in the EU
- 19 December 2016: Athens – A progressive EU Asylum and Border policy is possible
- 9 December 2016: Pristina - Balkan Fellowship for Journalistic Excellence
- 9 December 2016: Belgrade – ESI discusses Bosnia's EU perspective and European Commission's 2016 country reports
- 8 December 2016: Brussels – Brainstorming at the European Parliament on how to save the EU-Turkey refugee agreement and EU-Turkey relations
- 7 December 2016: Paris – ESI at PACE hearing on the EU-Turkey refugee agreement
- 30 November 2016: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College: Balkan Intervention - From war to peace to limbo?
- 29 November 2016: Brussels – Visa Liberalisation as an EU Foreign Policy Tool
- 28 November 2016: Berlin – Human Rights in crisis meeting
- 25 November 2016: Graz – ESI at TEDxGraz: "How human rights die – why the human rights movement needs to be reinvented"
- 15 November 2016: Hamburg – Lecture on the EU-Turkey agreement and visit of first reception service for refugees
- 7 November 2016: Vienna – ESI debating migration policy at ALDE Asylum Conference
- 4 November 2016: Sarajevo – ESI speaking at discussion on benefits of EU accession for business sector
- More news…