Within the framework programme of the exhibition project SEE New Perspectives
The European Stability Initiative (ESI) and the European Fund for the Balkans are pleased to invite you to a film screening and public debate
Twilight of Heroes – Croatia, Europe and the International Tribunal
Wednesday, 12 December 2012, 19.00-20.30
ARTGET Gallery Kulturni Centar Beograda
Knez Mihailova 6
11000 Belgrade, Serbia
This documentary tells the riveting story of the next member state of the European Union: how Croatia, isolated in late 1999, broke out of its isolation, had to face its recent past, opened up to the rest of Europe and its neighbours and in the end convinced sceptic EU members that it was ready to join the EU. All the major protagonists have been interviewed for this film – presidents, prime ministers, international prosecutors, nationalists and Europeanisers. The film is also a reminder how the European idea can be an inspiration for dramatic change.
This documentary film by Gerald Knaus and Fritz Ofner is based on ESI research and is part of the Return to Europe film series (www.returntoeurope.org) supported by ERSTE Foundation.
Croatia's road from Tuđman to EU accession: what does it mean for Serbia?
Hedvig Morvai, Executive Director, European Fund for the Balkans (welcome)
Milan Pajević, Director of the European Integration Office of the Republic of Serbia
Milica Delević, Chair of the European Integration Committee in the Serbian Parliament
Kristof Bender, ESI Deputy Chairman (moderator)
Free admission. No registration required.
- B92, "Hrvatsko pregovaranje - za primer" ("Croatian negotiations - for exemple") (12 December 2012)
- Danas, Branko Cvejić, "Srbija na teem putu do EU" ("Serbia on difficult path to EU. On the European path there is no better example than Croatia's negotiations") (12 December 2012)
- Blic, "Pajević i Delević: Dobar zaključak ministara EU" ("Pajevic and Delevic: Good conclusions of EU ministers") (12 December 2012)
- Telegraf, "Delević: Zaključci iz Brisela dobra vest za Srbiju!" ("Delevic: Brussels conclusions good news for Serbia!") (12 December 2012)
- Akter Dnevni, "Zaključci iz Brisela dobra vest za Srbiju" ("Brussels conclusions good news for Serbia!") (12 December 2012)
Photos from the event: