ESI's Gerald Knaus will speak at an event on "Azerbaijan: External Relations, Internal Realities" at Chatham House in London. This event is to explore the likely developments in Azerbaijan's domestic and foreign policies in the short to medium term. With Azerbaijan's economic growth slowing down after the peak in oil production in 2010, steering the country's economic development through the next decade is likely to pose new challenges for the regime. At the same time, Baku has engendered increased international concerns about the domestic political scene by intensifying its harrassment of opposition activists and further tightening control over the media.
- Leila Alieva, Center for National and International Studies, Baku
- Svante Cornell, Institute for Strategic and Development Policy, Stockholm
- Vugar Gojayev, Human Rights Watch, Berlin
- Gerald Knaus, European Stability Initiative, Berlin
- Nazrin Mehdiyeva, PA Consulting Group, London
- Rashad Shirinov, Radboud University, Nijmegen
This event is by invitation only. For more information please contact Lubica Pollakova