ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels – Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 27 March 2017: Cologne – EU-Turkey agreement one year on – and now?
- 7 March 2017: Vienna – Towards a humane and effective asylum policy
- 22 February 2017: Bratislava - ESI discussing migration and developments on the Balkan route
- 12 January 2017: Sarajevo – ESI discusses populism in the EU
- 19 December 2016: Athens – A progressive EU Asylum and Border policy is possible
- 9 December 2016: Pristina - Balkan Fellowship for Journalistic Excellence
- 9 December 2016: Belgrade – ESI discusses Bosnia's EU perspective and European Commission's 2016 country reports
- 8 December 2016: Brussels – Brainstorming at the European Parliament on how to save the EU-Turkey refugee agreement and EU-Turkey relations
- 7 December 2016: Paris – ESI at PACE hearing on the EU-Turkey refugee agreement
- 30 November 2016: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College: Balkan Intervention - From war to peace to limbo?
- 29 November 2016: Brussels – Visa Liberalisation as an EU Foreign Policy Tool
- 28 November 2016: Berlin – Human Rights in crisis meeting
- 25 November 2016: Graz – ESI at TEDxGraz: "How human rights die – why the human rights movement needs to be reinvented"
- 15 November 2016: Hamburg – Lecture on the EU-Turkey agreement and visit of first reception service for refugees
- 7 November 2016: Vienna – ESI debating migration policy at ALDE Asylum Conference
- 4 November 2016: Sarajevo – ESI speaking at discussion on benefits of EU accession for business sector
- 4 November 2016: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in exchange of views on EU accession process with Bosnian parliamentarians and government officials
- 29 October 2016: Budva – ESI presenting ideas on how to rethink EU enlargement
- 27 October 2016: Brussels – ESI discusses Bosnia more than 20 years after the Dayton Agreement
- 26 October 2016: Vienna – ESI lecture on European values
- More news…