ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels – Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 22 January 2015: Graz – ESI lecture: Do outsiders get the Balkans and Turkey?
- 17 December 2014: Istanbul – ESI briefing: The end of visas for Turkish citizens - Where are we today?
- 2 December 2014: ESI presentations on EU enlargement in Paris, The Hague, and Rome
- 20 November 2014: Batumi – Human Rights in the Eastern Partnership
- 18 November 2014: Turkey – Events in Ankara and Istanbul: Beyond Chapters – The Future of Turkey in Europe
- 12 November 2014: Oslo – The dream of a Europe without political prisoners and the grim reality of Azerbaijan
- 11 November 2014: Sofia – Dealing with the Past & looking to the Future in Bulgaria
- 7 November 2014: Rome – Regional stability and enlargement to the Western Balkans
- 7 November 2014: Sarajevo – ESI at conference on new impetus for European Integration of Western Balkans
- 31 October 2014: Zurich – Workshop on EU enlargement and rule of law
- 29 October 2014: Vienna – European Integration of the Balkans
- 27 October 2014: Former ESI analyst and blogger Arzu Geybulla one of the BBC's "100 Women"
- 27 October 2014: Washington DC – Broader Implications of the Human Rights Crackdown in Azerbaijan
- 23 October 2014: Cambridge – Workshop at the Harvard Kennedy School on Teaching Human Rights Practice
- 12 October 2014: Thessaloniki – The World in 2015 and Beyond
- 7 October 2014: Budapest – ESI lecturing on value conflicts and human rights at the CEU
- 2 October 2014: Sweden – Workshop on statistics and enlargement in Stockholm - Visby conference on war in the Eastern Neighbourhood
- 1 October 2014: Rome – Turkey and European Union relations: the way forward
- 22 September 2014: Vilnius – Enlargement in an age of distrust
- 18 September 2014: Budapest – ESI talk at CEU: The Rhetoric of Reaction - Pessimism, Complacency and Newspeak in 2014
- More news…