ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels – Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 20 November 2015: Stockholm – ESI public lecture: EU, Turkey, Germany, Sweden and the refugee crisis
- 17 November 2015: Brussels – ESI at public event: The Syrian refugee crisis and its implications for EU-Turkey relations
- 12 November 2015: Warsaw – Meetings and presentation on ESI's policy proposal for the Syrian refugee crisis
- 2 November 2015: Turkey – ESI presentations in Ankara and Istanbul on Turkey's and Germany's role in solving the Syrian refugee crisis
- 2 November 2015: Vienna – ESI debating Europe's refugee crisis
- 28 October 2015: Moscow – ESI presentations on the crisis of human rights in Europe and the Syrian refugee crisis
- 16 October 2015: Berlin – ESI briefing: The Syrian refugee crisis, Germany and Turkey - What to expect from Ankara?
- 7 July 2015: Berlin – ESI/Harvard workshop on human rights strategies and the costs and consequences of torture
- 23 June 2015: Pristina – Textbooks in Kosovo: ESI call for reform
- 4 June 2015: Rome – ESI at the NATO Defence College lecturing on the Western Balkans
- 19 May 2015: Stockholm – ESI on the Western Balkans and Turkey at Sida's EUROLATIN Regional Meeting
- 18 May 2015: Munich – ESI on Anatolian entrepreneurs as Islamic Calvinists
- 18 May 2015: Pristina – ESI at roundtable on the visa liberalisation process in Kosovo: Where are we now?
- 12 May 2015: Brussels – ESI sponsors European Parliament event on Azerbaijan
- 4 May 2015: Ankara – ESI at panel debate on the road to visa-free travel for Turkish nationals: problems and prospects
- 27 April 2015: Tirana – ESI at conference on European integration
- 23 April 2015: Pristina – ESI at public debate on Kosovo's European Perspective
- 21 April 2015: Strasbourg – ESI advocacy on Azerbaijan at the Council of Europe
- 20 April 2015: Kiev – ESI at thought leaders seminar
- 18 April 2015: Berlin – ESI with young civil servants from SEE and ESI workshop
- More news…