ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels – Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 30 November 2016: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College: Balkan Intervention - From war to peace to limbo?
- 28 November 2016: Berlin – Human Rights in crisis meeting
- 25 November 2016: Graz – ESI at TEDxGraz: "How human rights die – why the human rights movement needs to be reinvented"
- 15 November 2016: Hamburg – Lecture on the EU-Turkey agreement and visit of first reception service for refugees
- 7 November 2016: Vienna – ESI debating migration policy at ALDE Asylum Conference
- 4 November 2016: Sarajevo – ESI speaking at discussion on benefits of EU accession for business sector
- 4 November 2016: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in exchange of views on EU accession process with Bosnian parliamentarians and government officials
- 29 October 2016: Budva – ESI presenting ideas on how to rethink EU enlargement
- 27 October 2016: Brussels – ESI discusses Bosnia more than 20 years after the Dayton Agreement
- 26 October 2016: Vienna – ESI lecture on European values
- 22 October 2016: Thessaloniki – ESI at International Symposium in World Affairs - Europe and the refugee crisis: What next?
- 18 October 2016: Oxford/Cambridge – ESI presentations on think tanking and the state of asylum in Europe
- 18 October 2016: Brussels – ESI at European Parliament panel on Turkey and the current challenges
- 18 October 2016: Prague – ESI at public debate on European refugee crisis
- 12 October 2016: Skopje – ESI discusses EU enlargement policy
- 6 October 2016: Berlin – ESI presentations on refugee policy and EU-Turkey relations
- 5 October 2016: Bucharest – ESI at Aspen Initiative for Europe
- 4 October 2016: Calais – ESI on field trip with Dutch film crew for "The Wall" documentary
- 27 September 2016: Warsaw – ESI video address on freedom of movement at OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting
- 22 September 2016: Vienna – Meetings and presentations on the implementation of the EU-Turkey Agreement
- More news…