ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels – Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 7 October 2014: Budapest – ESI lecturing on value conflicts and human rights at the CEU
- 22 September 2014: Vilnius – Enlargement in an age of distrust
- 18 September 2014: Budapest – ESI talk at CEU: The Rhetoric of Reaction - Pessimism, Complacency and Newspeak in 2014
- 13 September 2014: Pristina – Register for ESI capacity building seminar: How to set up a think tank, write policy reports and do effective advocacy?
- 25 August 2014: Salzburg – ESI at symposium – 1814, 1914, 2014: Lessons from the Past, Visions for the Future
- 28 July 2014: Berlin – Workshop on Bosnia and Herzegovina at the German MFA
- 17 July 2014: Bratislava – ESI briefs V4 Foreign Ministers
- 10 July 2014: Dubrovnik – ESI at the Croatia Forum 2014: "EU Integration of Western Balkans: State of Play"
- 4 July 2014: Tirana – ESI at the Ambassadors' Conference 2014
- 25 June 2014: Brussels – ESI on the future of enlargement
- 5 June 2014: Skopje – Presentations and meetings on ESI's newest analysis and recommendations
- 2 June 2014: Berlin – ESI conference – debate on campaign "For a Europe without political prisoners"
- 28 May 2014: Istanbul – ESI at conference on "Visa-free travel for Turkish nationals: readmission and beyond"
- 22 May 2014: Council of Europe secretary general Thorbjorn Jagland publishes op-ed: "Council of Europe is not blind to Azerbaijan's rights violations"
- 16 May 2014: Bratislava – ESI at Globsec
- 16 May 2014: Vienna – ESI at Expert Roundtable on Cross-Border Mobility and Visa Facilitation in the OSCE region
- 14 May 2014: Kyiv – European think-tanks' meeting for a sustainable democratic Ukraine
- 13 May 2014: Oslo – Safeguarding international institutions against authoritarian abuse
- 29 April 2014: Zagreb – Lessons learnt from EU enlargement policy: What's next?
- 24 April 2014: Vienna – ESI at conference on "Ten years after the 2004 enlargement - Achievements and next steps"
- More news…