ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 22 November 2013: Podgorica - ESI at round table on European integration and corruption
- 14 November 2013: ESI in Berlin – Event on Serbia-Kosovo relations at Böll Foundation
- 5 October 2013: ESI in Budva – Strategic Planning Seminar organised by Montenegro's MFA
- 2 October 2013: Podgorica ESI film screening and panel discussion on the processes of Croatia's accession to the EU and lessons for Montenegro
- 2 October 2013: Brussels ESI speaking on "Lessons learned from the Balkans visa liberalisation process" at a Hearing at the European Parliament
- 1 October 2013: Tbilisi ESI at round table conference on "Prospects and Challenges of Visa Liberalization Process in Georgia"
- 25 September 2013: Ghent – Film screening of ESI Croatia documentary at the Film Plateu
- 12 September 2013: Upcoming: ESI in Belgrade, Vienna, Tbilisi, Istanbul, Visby, and Salzburg
- 12 September 2013: Interview with Gerald Knaus in Dnevni Avaz: "It wont be Bosnia's fault if visas are re-imposed"
- 9 July 2013: Brussels ESI contributes to book "Thessaloniki@10"
- 1 July 2013: New ESI Junior Fellows in Berlin and Istanbul
- 24 June 2013: Berlin ESI at conference on Southeastern Europe and Europe 2014
- 23 June 2013: ESI at the Albanian parliamentary elections
- 20 June 2013: Salzburg – ESI at TV debate on the "European crisis"
- 19 June 2013: Regensburg – ESI lecture on "Decline and Growth? Serbia and Anatolia, two European stories"
- 10 June 2013: Stockholm – Round Table Conference on Political Prisoners and the Council of Europe
- 7 June 2013: Istanbul – ESI at EU conference on "Rethinking Global Challenges: Constructing a Common Future for Turkey and the EU"
- 6 June 2013: Istanbul ESI briefing at Columbia Global Centers: Cutting the Turkey-EU Visa Knot. How Turks can travel freely to Europe
- 4 June 2013: Berlin ESI at the German Bundestag: European values, repression, and authoritarian rule. Why Azerbaijan matters
- 31 May 2013: Budva ESI at conference on Montenegro's accession talks and EU enlargement
- More news…