ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels – Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 3 February 2016: ESI in Istanbul – The future for reforms in the Eastern Neighbourhood - Visa liberalisation, the refugee crisis and the new security situation
- 2 February 2016: ESI in Athens – Presentations and meetings on the Syrian refugee crisis
- 29 January 2016: ESI in Washington DC – ESI presentation on the Syrian refugee crisis at the Swedish Embassy
- 28 January 2016: ESI in Washington – Germany & the Future of the European Security Order
- 25 January 2016: ESI in Brussels – Rethinking human rights in EU external policies
- 21 January 2016: ESI in Berlin – Presentations and meetings on the Syrian refugee crisis
- 21 January 2016: Vienna – ESI at conference on refugee crisis
- 21 January 2016: Brussels – ESI at policy dialogue: Visa liberalisation for Kosovo – Moving from isolation to integration?
- 15 January 2016: ESI in Berlin – International responses to political imprisonment: How to address limitations of individual case work?
- 19 December 2015: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in training of young BiH politicians
- 17 December 2015: Sarajevo – ESI discusses with BiH youth the future of EU enlargement
- 14 December 2015: Barcelona – ESI presents its ideas on the future of EU enlargement and on Bosnia
- 11 December 2015: Paris – ESI presentation on the Syrian refugee crisis
- 9 December 2015: Brussels – European future of Bosnia and Herzegovina – 20 years after Dayton-Paris Peace Agreement
- 4 December 2015: Vienna – EU foreign policy and the Western Balkans - Reengagement as a strategic choice
- 1 December 2015: Berlin – Meetings and presentations on the Syrian refugee crisis
- 27 November 2015: Belgrade – ESI presents its proposal for Syrian refugee crisis to SEE parliamentarians
- 25 November 2015: The Hague – Meetings and debates on migration and EU enlargement
- 24 November 2015: Sofia – ESI presentations on the Syrian refugee crisis and history education and politics
- 20 November 2015: Stockholm – ESI public lecture: EU, Turkey, Germany, Sweden and the refugee crisis
- More news…