ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels – Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 18 May 2015: Pristina – ESI at roundtable on the visa liberalisation process in Kosovo: Where are we now?
- 12 May 2015: Brussels – ESI sponsors European Parliament event on Azerbaijan
- 4 May 2015: Ankara – ESI at panel debate on the road to visa-free travel for Turkish nationals: problems and prospects
- 27 April 2015: Tirana – ESI at conference on European integration
- 23 April 2015: Pristina – ESI at public debate on Kosovo's European Perspective
- 21 April 2015: Strasbourg – ESI advocacy on Azerbaijan at the Council of Europe
- 20 April 2015: Kiev – ESI at thought leaders seminar
- 18 April 2015: Berlin – ESI with young civil servants from SEE and ESI workshop
- 19 March 2015: Bogota – ESI at workshop on new strategies and practices in human rights
- 14 March 2015: Budapest – CEU Passion Project with ESI tackles Azerbaijan
- 7 March 2015: Pristina – Kosovar migrants, EU borders, poverty and visa-free travel
- 12 February 2015: Sarajevo – ESI presents ideas on Bosnia's EU accession process in Sarajevo
- 30 January 2015: Paris – Workshop with EU officials on how Commission reports on enlargement make a difference
- 29 January 2015: Zagreb – ESI moderating "20 years of EU membership" panel discussion
- 22 January 2015: Graz – ESI lecture: Do outsiders get the Balkans and Turkey?
- 17 December 2014: Istanbul – ESI briefing: The end of visas for Turkish citizens - Where are we today?
- 2 December 2014: ESI presentations on EU enlargement in Paris, The Hague, and Rome
- 27 November 2014: Belgrade – ESI workshop with EU ambassadors and Serbian Deputy Prime Minister on EU enlargement
- 20 November 2014: Batumi – Human Rights in the Eastern Partnership
- 18 November 2014: Turkey – Events in Ankara and Istanbul: Beyond Chapters – The Future of Turkey in Europe
- More news…