ESI's Alexandra Stiglmayer and Gerald Knaus had a series of meetings with senior EU officials and Turkey's Ambassador to the EU in Brussels to brief them on ESI's research on visa liberalisation and discuss the possibility of a visa liberalisation process for Turkey. They met with Selim Yenel, Turkey's Ambassador to the EU; Maria Asenius, head of cabinet of Cecilia Malmström, Commissioner for Home Affairs; Stefano Manservisi, Director-General for Home Affairs; Stefano Sannino, Director-General Enlargement, and Fiona McIlwham, Special Adviser to DG Enlargement.
31 January 2013
Brussels – Meetings with senior EU officials on visa liberalisation
- 27 February 2014: New York – ESI at OSF: "Defending Minimum Human Rights Standards in Europe: Why are we failing? Case studies of Turkey, Azerbaijan, the Balkans and Eastern Europe"
- 26 February 2014: Warsaw – Roundtable discussion: The Visa Liberalisation Process for Turkey - A Realistic Chance to Improve EU-Turkey Relations
- 13 February 2014: Update: advocacy campaign for a Europe without political prisoners
- 12 February 2014: Berlin – Public event at Humboldt University: Visa Liberalization - A New Impulse for the Europeanization of Turkey?
- 7 February 2014: Ankara – Presentation of an ESI proposal for a new generation of progress reports to EU ambassadors and other international and Turkish officials
- 5 February 2014: Istanbul – Round-Table Conference on Freedom of Religion in Turkey and the EU member states
- 31 January 2014: Rome – ESI visa advisory board meeting with Giuliano Amato
- 30 January 2014: Zagreb – ESI at the Balkans in Europe Policy Advisory Group to present ideas how to revive the EU enlargement process
- 29 January 2014: Brussels – ESI at DG Enlargement staff retreat: "A vision for the EU's enlargement policy"
- 27 January 2014: Istanbul – Film screening and public discussion: "The EU, visa liberalisation and LGBT rights - from Moldova to Turkey"
- 22 January 2014: Istanbul – Public event at IPC: The German Elections and the Future of EU-Turkey Relations
- 21 January 2014: Paris – ESI brainstorming on measuring progress and assessing failure in EU accession
- 19 December 2013: Oped by Ben Judah and Gerald Knaus in Reuters: "International pressure works on Putin"
- 22 November 2013: Podgorica - ESI at round table on European integration and corruption
- 14 November 2013: ESI in Berlin – Event on Serbia-Kosovo relations at Böll Foundation
- 5 October 2013: ESI in Budva – Strategic Planning Seminar organised by Montenegro's MFA
- 2 October 2013: Podgorica – ESI film screening and panel discussion on the processes of Croatia's accession to the EU and lessons for Montenegro
- 2 October 2013: Brussels – ESI speaking on "Lessons learned from the Balkans visa liberalisation process" at a Hearing at the European Parliament
- 1 October 2013: Tbilisi – ESI at round table conference on "Prospects and Challenges of Visa Liberalization Process in Georgia"
- 25 September 2013: Ghent – Film screening of ESI Croatia documentary at the Film Plateu
- More news…