ESI's Gerald Knaus has been invited to speak at the Sixth General assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Batumi where he will moderate the panel "Human Rights in the Eastern Partnership: Reestablishing EU Focus amid Deterioration". Other speakers at the assembly include Giorgi Margvelashvili, President of Georgia, Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament, Richard Giragosian, Regional Studies Centre, Martin Hagstrφm, Ambassador of Sweden for the Eastern Partnership, among others.
20 November 2014
Batumi – Human Rights in the Eastern Partnership
- 19 September 2017: Munich ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 September 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 7 September 2017: Zurich – ESI at Zurich Migration Conference discussing new models for refugee protection
- 6 September 2017: Berlin The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 September 2017: Bled ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign ministers panel on EU enlargement
- 6 July 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- 4 July 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 4 July 2017: Istanbul ESI at workshop on revitalising Turkey-EU-Germany relations
- 3 July 2017: Ankara – ESI at workshop: "EU-Turkey Protocol: Expectations and Implementations"
- 29 June 2017: Bern – ESI at Swiss MFA Western Balkans retreat
- 22 June 2017: Berlin ESI at public debate: "Azerbaijan: shrinking or lost spaces for opposition?"
- 20 June 2017: Berlin ESI at public debate on the German perspective on the refugee crisis
- 20 June 2017: Berlin ESI at public debate: "Problem Solved? - How to tackle the Refugee Crisis and Migration to the EU"
- 15 June 2017: Budapest ESI at CEU workshop on action research, effective writing, visualization, and advocacy
- 14 June 2017: ESI interview on Dutch TV on EU asylum and migration policy
- 9 June 2017: Brussels ESI on the Western Balkans at the Political Assembly of the European People's Party
- 8 June 2017: Rome Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and border policy
- 29 May 2017: Berlin – ESI at the Think 20 Summit "Global Solutions"
- 22 May 2017: Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 18 May 2017: The Hague "Human Act or Devil's Pact? Human rights aspects of migration agreements between EU and third countries"
- More news…