ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak at a hearing on the EU-Turkey Agreement on Migration organised by the Committee on Migration, Refugees and Displaced Persons of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE). The hearing was held at PACE's office in Paris under the chairmanship of rapporteur Tineke Strik. The other speaker at the hearing was Loic Jaeger, head of mission for Médecins sans Frontières in Greece.
- ESI background paper: On solid ground? Eleven facts about the EU-Turkey Agreement (1 December 2016)
- ESI newsletter: Fire in the Aegean – Scenario of failure – How to succeed (11 October 2016)
- ESI paper: Pangloss in Brussels – How (not) to implement the Aegean Agreement (7 October 2016)
- Media reactions to ESI refugee proposals
- The Merkel-Samson Plan – www.esiweb.org/refugees