ESI Senior Analyst Alexandra Stiglmayer participated in workshop that built four scenarios on how EU-Turkey relations could develop in the next two years and then formulated policy recommendations based on it. The workshop was organised by the Stiftung Mercator on 7/8 October 2016 in Istanbul to mark the opening of the foundation's Istanbul office. It brought together 20 experts from the EU and Turkey who intensively worked for two days and produced a report about the results of their work: "The Future of Turkey-EU Relations. Four Scenarios for 2018".
7 October 2016
Istanbul – ESI at workshop building scenarios of future EU-Turkey relations
- 6 December 2017: Brussels – Meetings on EU Balkan policy, the Macedonian name issue, and a plan to overcome the crisis in the Aegean
- 29 November 2017: Athens – Meetings and presentations on the impact of the EU-Turkey statement
- 23 November 2017: Zurich – Swiss lessons for EU reception and asylum policy
- 20 November 2017: Hannover – ESI at panel debate on the situation of refugees in Libya and in the Mediterranean
- 13 November 2017: Vienna – ESI presentations: The EU in Wonderland - What's wrong in the European debate on borders, asylum, and refugees
- 6 November 2017: Skopje – Meetings on on EU enlargement, education, and refugees
- 23 October 2017: Rome – ESI debating refugee and migration policy at the Festival della Diplomazia
- 20 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in a round table on EU policy towards the Western Balkans
- 19 October 2017: Wilton Park – ESI presenting proposals for rule of law reforms at high level event on "Security, the Western Balkans and the UK"
- 11 October 2017: Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 10 October 2017: Brussels – ESI presentation on the Rome Plan for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean
- 3 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI meets EPP president Joseph Daul to discuss the future of EU policy towards Bosnia
- 27 September 2017: Stockholm – ESI presentation on corruption in the Council of Europe and the end of Caviar Diplomacy
- 22 September 2017: Cologne – ESI on human rights under pressure at public broadcaster forum
- 19 September 2017: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 September 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 7 September 2017: Zurich – ESI at Zurich Migration Conference discussing new models for refugee protection
- 6 September 2017: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 September 2017: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign ministers panel on EU enlargement
- 6 July 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- More news…