Private House on M. Popovic St. (today's Nazim Gafurri St., housing the Academy of Arts and Sciences Building, listed since 1955)

Private House on M. Popovic St.

This protected house is one of a few remaining typical 19th century town houses in Prishtina. After the Second World War, this building was nationalized and became a property of the Cultural Secretariat, the equivalent of today's Ministry of Culture. The Academy of Arts and Sciences has been located in this buiding since its inception in 1975.

Kosovo
Return to Europe film
ESI Kosovo reports
Kosovo picture stories
Recommended reading
ESI aims to contribute to a more informed and objective debate regarding the future of Kosovo by sharing new and interesting studies. More…
Literary walk
Places
Portraits