ESI's Gerald Knaus will be lecturing on value conflicts and human rights at a workshop for thinkers from within civil society organizations, researchers from policy think tanks and policy makers from the Black Sea region in Budapest. This event, co-organised by the Council of Europe and the School of Public Policy at Central European University, is designed to provide a forum to discuss, and develop practical, equitable and sustainable solutions to, regional policy problems in the spheres of democratic institution building, human rights and cooperative security policy.
Speakers include Piotr Switalski, COE Director of Policy Planning; Thomas Carothers, vice president for studies at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace; Goran Buldioski, director of the Open Society Think Tank Fund; Mateo Fumagalli, Associate Professor at CEU; Béla Greskovits, professor at the CEU Department of International Relations and European Studies, and Department of Political Science; and Gwendolyn Sasse, Professorial Fellow at Nuffield College and University Reader in Comparative Politics in the Department of Politics and International Relations and the School for Interdisciplinary Area Studies.
- ESI conference: Debate on campaign "For a Europe without political prisoners"(2 June 2014)
- Open letter to 125 current and former members of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (23 April 2014). Translations of the open letter are available in: Azeri, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Spanish, and Turkish
- ESI newsletter: Hunger strike, European values and an Open Letter (23 April 2014)
- ESI report: Disgraced – Azerbaijan and the end of election monitoring as we know it (5 November 2013)
- ESI report: Caviar Diplomacy. How Azerbaijan silenced the Council of Europe (24 May 2012)
- ESI report: Generation Facebook in Baku – Adnan, Emin and the Future of Dissent in Azerbaijan (15 March 2011)
- ESI country section on Azerbaijan