ESI Senior Analyst, Besa Shahini, attended an event by Group for Legal and Political Studies (GLPS) on visa liberalization in Prishtina. She spoke about the importance of a 'strict and fair' process for Kosovo and addressed the issues of illegal migration and asylum seekers from Kosovo to the Schengen area. "These issues cannot be addressed with a visa regime: Kosovars will migrate, with or without visas, as long as they cannot find jobs in Kosovo." Only 30 percent of working age population in Kosovo has a job and judging from the low industrial and export base, this will remain so in the years to come.
- Mr. Ramadan Ilazi – Deputy Minister, Ministry of European Integration
- Mr. Thomas Gnocchi – Head of Political, Economic and European Integration Section, European Union Office in Kosovo
- Ms. Besa Shahini – Senior Analyst, European Initiative for Stability
- Ms. Albana Merja – Research Fellow, Group for Legal and Political Studies
- Ms. Ebba Lekvall – Author of the Analysis, Group for Legal and Political Studies