ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak at a conference organised by the Hanns Seidel Foundation, the Southeast Europe Association, and the Konstantinos Karamalis Institute for Democracy. The conference title was "Europe’s Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights", Gerald spoke at the first panel on "Migration and Refugees". Other speakers on his panel were Philippe Leclerc, UNHCR Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Christiana Kalogirou, Governor of the North Aegean Region, Herbert Albrecht, Head of the Migration Service at the Municipality of Nuremberg, and Maria Stavropoulou, Director of the Asylum Service, Greece.
22 May 2017
Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 23 octobre 2017: Rome – ESI debating refugee and migration policy at the Festival della Diplomazia
- 20 octobre 2017: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in a round table on EU policy towards the Western Balkans
- 19 octobre 2017: Wilton Park – ESI presenting proposals for rule of law reforms at high level event on "Security, the Western Balkans and the UK"
- 11 octobre 2017: Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 10 octobre 2017: Brussels – ESI presentation on the Rome Plan for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean
- 3 octobre 2017: Sarajevo – ESI meets EPP president Joseph Daul to discuss the future of EU policy towards Bosnia
- 27 septembre 2017: Stockholm – ESI presentation on corruption in the Council of Europe and the end of Caviar Diplomacy
- 22 septembre 2017: Cologne – ESI on human rights under pressure at public broadcaster forum
- 19 septembre 2017: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 septembre 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 7 septembre 2017: Zurich – ESI at Zurich Migration Conference discussing new models for refugee protection
- 6 septembre 2017: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 septembre 2017: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign ministers panel on EU enlargement
- 6 juillet 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- 4 juillet 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 4 juillet 2017: Istanbul – ESI at workshop on revitalising Turkey-EU-Germany relations
- 3 juillet 2017: Ankara – ESI at workshop: "EU-Turkey Protocol: Expectations and Implementations"
- 29 juin 2017: Bern – ESI at Swiss MFA Western Balkans retreat
- 22 juin 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Azerbaijan: shrinking or lost spaces for opposition?"
- 20 juin 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate on the German perspective on the refugee crisis
- More news…