ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak at a conference organised by the Hanns Seidel Foundation, the Southeast Europe Association, and the Konstantinos Karamalis Institute for Democracy. The conference title was "Europe’s Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights", Gerald spoke at the first panel on "Migration and Refugees". Other speakers on his panel were Philippe Leclerc, UNHCR Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Christiana Kalogirou, Governor of the North Aegean Region, Herbert Albrecht, Head of the Migration Service at the Municipality of Nuremberg, and Maria Stavropoulou, Director of the Asylum Service, Greece.
22 May 2017
Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 19. septembar 2017.: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17. septembar 2017.: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 6. septembar 2017.: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5. septembar 2017.: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign minister panel on EU enlargement
- 6. juli 2017.: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- 4. juli 2017.: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 4. juli 2017.: Istanbul – ESI at workshop on revitalising Turkey-EU-Germany relations
- 3. juli 2017.: Ankara – ESI at workshop: "EU-Turkey Protocol: Expectations and Implementations"
- 29. juni 2017.: Bern – ESI at Swiss MFA Western Balkans retreat
- 22. juni 2017.: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Azerbaijan: shrinking or lost spaces for opposition?"
- 20. juni 2017.: Berlin – ESI at public debate on the German perspective on the refugee crisis
- 20. juni 2017.: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Problem Solved? - How to tackle the Refugee Crisis and Migration to the EU"
- 15. juni 2017.: Budapest – ESI at CEU workshop on action research, effective writing, visualization, and advocacy
- 14. juni 2017.: ESI interview on Dutch TV on EU asylum and migration policy
- 9. juni 2017.: Brussels – ESI on the Western Balkans at the Political Assembly of the European People's Party
- 8. juni 2017.: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and border policy
- 29. maj 2017.: Berlin – ESI at the Think 20 Summit "Global Solutions"
- 22. maj 2017.: Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 18. maj 2017.: The Hague – "Human Act or Devil's Pact? Human rights aspects of migration agreements between EU and third countries"
- 16. maj 2017.: Brussels – ESI at the Think Global Day: "Fortress Europe: closed or open?"
- More news…