Berlin – ESI presentation on the future of peace and democracy in Europe
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to give a presentation on “How strong is the West still? Thoughts on the future of peace and democracy in Europe.” The event was organised by the Rotary Distrikt 1880, which was part of the President Elect Training Seminar.
In his presentation, Gerald spoke about the war in Ukraine and how the Russian invasion has sparked the biggest refugee crisis since the Second World War, as well as the political and humanitarian challenges this poses for Europe and Germany.
In addition, Gerald spoke about the political instability in the Western Balkans and the fragile state of the rule of law in Poland, as further challenges that European democratic institutions in Europe.
After the presentation, Gerald answered questions from online participants who attended the panel. The discussion was moderated by Armin Staigis (Governor Elect from the Rotary District 1880).
- ESI Proposal: “An airlift 2022 for Ukrainians. Proposal for a Macron-Scholz Plan”
- ESI Newsletter: An urgent airlift for Ukrainian refugees – how Putin’s cynical plot will fail
- Schwäbische, "Migration expert: "The expulsion of civilians is part of Putin's warfare." (Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 31 March 2022
- Focus, Putin is banking on Europe's fear of refugees - but we can foil his plan (Op-ed by Gerald Knaus) , 15 March 2022
- Die Welt, The biggest logistical challenge we have ever had (TV interview with Gerald Knaus) , 15 March 2022