ESI's Gerald Knaus spoke at the "The Western Balkans: Progress, Stagnation, or Regression?" conference in Sarajevo. Together with Kurt Bassuener, he was a commentator on the panel "Prospects for the New Government in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Role of the International Community. Speakers included Zlatko Lagumdžija, President of the SDP BiH and Valentin Inzko, High Representative and EU Special Representative in BiH.
13 June 2011
ESI in Sarajevo: The Western Balkans: Progress, Stagnation, or Regression?
- 14 April 2014: Berlin – ESI presentation on standards, trust and visa liberalization at conference on "Global Turkey in Europe"
- 10 April 2014: Warsaw – ESI at the Third Task Force Meeting between the Council of Europe and European Think Tanks on "Challenges to European Societies"
- 9 April 2014: Warsaw – Meetings with ODIHR on election monitoring and with the Polish MFA on European enlargement
- 8 April 2014: Visa-free travel for Moldova to become reality on 28 April 2013
- 4 April 2014: Berlin – ESI at ZIF Election Monitoring Day
- 31 March 2014: ESI on the future of election monitoring and European standards
- 26 March 2014: Brussels – ESI Briefing: The Future of Enlargement
- 26 March 2014: German court grants visa-free access to Turkish businesspeople
- 26 March 2014: Istanbul – Brainstorming on "Recharging accession policy"
- 27 February 2014: New York – ESI at OSF: "Defending Minimum Human Rights Standards in Europe: Why are we failing? Case studies of Turkey, Azerbaijan, the Balkans and Eastern Europe"
- 26 February 2014: Warsaw – Roundtable discussion: The Visa Liberalisation Process for Turkey - A Realistic Chance to Improve EU-Turkey Relations
- 13 February 2014: Update: advocacy campaign for a Europe without political prisoners
- 12 February 2014: Berlin – Public event at Humboldt University: Visa Liberalization - A New Impulse for the Europeanization of Turkey?
- 7 February 2014: Ankara – Presentation of an ESI proposal for a new generation of progress reports to EU ambassadors and other international and Turkish officials
- 5 February 2014: Istanbul – Round-Table Conference on Freedom of Religion in Turkey and the EU member states
- 31 January 2014: Rome – ESI visa advisory board meeting with Giuliano Amato
- 30 January 2014: Zagreb – ESI at the Balkans in Europe Policy Advisory Group to present ideas how to revive the EU enlargement process
- 29 January 2014: Brussels – ESI at DG Enlargement staff retreat: "A vision for the EU's enlargement policy"
- 27 January 2014: Istanbul – Film screening and public discussion: "The EU, visa liberalisation and LGBT rights - from Moldova to Turkey"
- 22 January 2014: Istanbul – Public event at IPC: The German Elections and the Future of EU-Turkey Relations
- More news…