ESI's Gerald Knaus spoke at the "The Western Balkans: Progress, Stagnation, or Regression?" conference in Sarajevo. Together with Kurt Bassuener, he was a commentator on the panel "Prospects for the New Government in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Role of the International Community. Speakers included Zlatko Lagumdžija, President of the SDP BiH and Valentin Inzko, High Representative and EU Special Representative in BiH.
13 June 2011
ESI in Sarajevo: The Western Balkans: Progress, Stagnation, or Regression?
- 7. März 2018: Vienna – ESI moderates a workshop on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- 7. März 2018: Berlin – ESI at think tank meeting on Turkey
- 28. Februar 2018: Skopje and Tirana – ESI takes part in a brainstorming on the EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 27. Januar 2018: Munich – ESI at public debate on "Fences for Africa?"
- 25. Januar 2018: Belgrade – ESI at panel on the upcoming EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 25. Januar 2018: Athens – ESI presentations on how to rescue EU asylum policy in the Mediterranean
- 22. Januar 2018: Brussels – ESI at COWEB meeting on the Western Balkans at the Council of Europe
- 10. Januar 2018: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and migration policy
- 18. Dezember 2017: Sofia – Discussions on migration at the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 15. Dezember 2017: Belgrade – ESI at conference on the Western Balkans' EU perspective
- 13. Dezember 2017: Berlin – ESI discussing Europe's challenges
- 10. Dezember 2017: Amsterdam and The Hague – Fact-finding mission to study the Dutch asylum system
- 7. Dezember 2017: Novi Sad – ESI discusses EU perspective of the Western Balkans
- 7. Dezember 2017: Budapest – Balkan Fellowship for Journalistic Excellence
- 7. Dezember 2017: Ankara – Meetings with EU diplomats and Turkish NGOs on how to save the EU-Turkey agreement and why it is in the interest of Greece, the EU and Turkey
- 6. Dezember 2017: Brussels – Meetings on EU Balkan policy, the Macedonian name issue, and a plan to overcome the crisis in the Aegean
- 29. November 2017: Athens – Meetings and presentations on the impact of the EU-Turkey statement
- 23. November 2017: Zurich – Swiss lessons for EU reception and asylum policy
- 20. November 2017: Hannover – ESI at panel debate on the situation of refugees in Libya and in the Mediterranean
- 13. November 2017: Vienna – ESI presentations: The EU in Wonderland - What's wrong in the European debate on borders, asylum, and refugees
- More news…