ESI's Gerald Knaus travelled to Visby on the island of Gotland to participate in the annual Visby conference. This year's topic was "EU Eastern Neighbourhood – Between Authoritarianism and Democratic Transition". On his way to Visby, Gerald presented ESI's research to civil servants working on European enlargement at the Swedish foreign ministry in Stockholm.
30 September 2011
ESI in Sweden: presentation of Balkan analysis and recommendations to policy makers in Stockholm and Visby
- 6 June 2013: Istanbul – ESI briefing at Columbia Global Centers: Cutting the Turkey-EU Visa Knot. How Turks can travel freely to Europe
- 4 June 2013: Berlin – ESI at the German Bundestag: European values, repression, and authoritarian rule. Why Azerbaijan matters
- 31 May 2013: Budva – ESI at conference on Montenegro's accession talks and EU enlargement
- 22 May 2013: Brussels – ESI event: Croatia's European transformation (film screening and discussion)
- 22 May 2013: Brussels – ESI event: Lost in limbo? EU enlargement and the southern Balkans – Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia
- 17 May 2013: Belgrade – Film screening of ESI Croatia documentary and conference on effects of Croatia's EU accession
- 13 May 2013: Bratislava – ESI discussing EU enlargement in SEE with EPP group
- 9 May 2013: Budapest – ESI at the Central European University: Building Sustainable Peace in the Western Balkans. A View From Practitioners
- 9 May 2013: Budapest – ESI career event at the Central European University
- 9 May 2013: Budapest – Film screening of ESI Croatia film at the Central European University
- 6 May 2013: Washington D.C. – ESI at Congressional Hearing on Albania
- 2 May 2013: Edirne – The EU and the Balkans 2013 - the promise of Europeanisation
- 26 April 2013: Vienna – ESI on freedom of movement at OSCE's annual Supplementary Human Dimension Meeting
- 17 April 2013: Zagreb – ESI at conference on further EU enlargement in South Eastern Europe
- 17 April 2013: Zagreb – Public screening of ESI Croatia documentary: Twilight of Heroes – Croatia, Europe and the International Tribunal
- 16 April 2013: Brussels – ESI participates in FES workshop "Thessaloniki II"
- 16 April 2013: Ankara – ESI at USAK/BIIA workshop: Can Turkey become a model for the development of the Balkans?
- 12 April 2013: Istanbul – ESI at the first meeting of the trilateral US-Europe-Turkey task force
- 10 April 2013: Berlin – Screening of ESI Croatia documentary at EFB Fellowship Programme in Berlin
- 25 March 2013: Istanbul – Public event on "The prospects for stability and instability in the Caucasus in 2013" with Eka Tkeshelashvili
- More news…