ESI's Gerald Knaus spoke at the "The Western Balkans: Progress, Stagnation, or Regression?" conference in Sarajevo. Together with Kurt Bassuener, he was a commentator on the panel "Prospects for the New Government in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Role of the International Community. Speakers included Zlatko Lagumdžija, President of the SDP BiH and Valentin Inzko, High Representative and EU Special Representative in BiH.
13 June 2011
ESI in Sarajevo: The Western Balkans: Progress, Stagnation, or Regression?
- 27. Februar 2014: New York – ESI at OSF: "Defending Minimum Human Rights Standards in Europe: Why are we failing? Case studies of Turkey, Azerbaijan, the Balkans and Eastern Europe"
- 26. Februar 2014: Warsaw – Roundtable discussion: The Visa Liberalisation Process for Turkey - A Realistic Chance to Improve EU-Turkey Relations
- 13. Februar 2014: Update: advocacy campaign for a Europe without political prisoners
- 12. Februar 2014: Berlin – Public event at Humboldt University: Visa Liberalization - A New Impulse for the Europeanization of Turkey?
- 7. Februar 2014: Ankara – Presentation of an ESI proposal for a new generation of progress reports to EU ambassadors and other international and Turkish officials
- 5. Februar 2014: Istanbul – Round-Table Conference on Freedom of Religion in Turkey and the EU member states
- 31. Januar 2014: Rome – ESI visa advisory board meeting with Giuliano Amato
- 30. Januar 2014: Zagreb – ESI at the Balkans in Europe Policy Advisory Group to present ideas how to revive the EU enlargement process
- 29. Januar 2014: Brussels – ESI at DG Enlargement staff retreat: "A vision for the EU's enlargement policy"
- 27. Januar 2014: Istanbul – Film screening and public discussion: "The EU, visa liberalisation and LGBT rights - from Moldova to Turkey"
- 22. Januar 2014: Istanbul – Public event at IPC: The German Elections and the Future of EU-Turkey Relations
- 21. Januar 2014: Paris – ESI brainstorming on measuring progress and assessing failure in EU accession
- 19. Dezember 2013: Oped by Ben Judah and Gerald Knaus in Reuters: "International pressure works on Putin"
- 22. November 2013: Podgorica - ESI at round table on European integration and corruption
- 14. November 2013: ESI in Berlin – Event on Serbia-Kosovo relations at Böll Foundation
- 5. Oktober 2013: ESI in Budva – Strategic Planning Seminar organised by Montenegro's MFA
- 2. Oktober 2013: Podgorica – ESI film screening and panel discussion on the processes of Croatia's accession to the EU and lessons for Montenegro
- 2. Oktober 2013: Brussels – ESI speaking on "Lessons learned from the Balkans visa liberalisation process" at a Hearing at the European Parliament
- 1. Oktober 2013: Tbilisi – ESI at round table conference on "Prospects and Challenges of Visa Liberalization Process in Georgia"
- 25. September 2013: Ghent – Film screening of ESI Croatia documentary at the Film Plateu
- More news…