ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak at the Europe Dialogue organised by the representation of the European Commission in Austria. In the event moderated by Benedikt Weingartner, Gerald explained ESI's proposals for refugee policy and discussed the illiberal challenge in many European societies.
- Ö1, Punkt eins, "Wenn Rettungsschiffe liegen bleiben" - radio interview with Gerald Knaus - ("When rescue ships get stuck") (11 December 2018)
- detektor.fm, Juliane Neubauer, "Keine Einladung für Masseneinwanderung" - radio interview with Gerald Knaus - ("No invitation for mass immigration") (11 December 2018)
- ESI proposal: The right refugee policy for Europe (Sanchez Plan) (11 August 2018)
- Gesine Schwan und Gerald Knaus, "Neue EU-Flüchtlingspolitik - Kontrolle und Empathie" ("New EU Refugee Policy - Control and Empathy") (28 June 2018)
- Refugees Deeply, John Dalhuisen Gerald Knaus, How Italy Can Combine Migration Control With Human Rights (13 March 2018)
- ESI paper: "Amsterdam in the Mediterranean" – How a Dutch-style asylum system can help resolve the Mediterranean refugee crisis (26 January 2018) – also available in Italian: "Amsterdam nel Mediterraneo"
- ESI proposals for the refugee crises in the Central Mediterranean and the Aegean: www.esiweb.org/refugees