ESI analyst Adnan Cerimagic participated in a conference titled "Back to the future? How the EU can regain relevance in the Western Balkans?", organised by the Greens/EFA at the European Parliament in Brussels. Adnan spoke at the panel "More credible, more enhanced? Commission Western Balkans strategy one year on." He presented ESI's research on EU-Western Balkans relations, in particular related to measuring and incentivizing reforms in the Western Balkans. He also spoke about the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue and argued in favour of opening accession talks with Albania and North Macedonia.
Other speakers included Sonja Biserko, Helsinki Committee of Serbia, Adelheid Wölfl, Der Standard journalist, Arben Hajrullahu, University of Pristina in Kosovo and Angelina Eichhorst, director for the Western Balkans at EEAS.
Video of the full event
- ESI briefing paper: A West Balkan Agenda for 2019, 29 October 2018
- Politico, Adnan Ćerimagić, "Redrawing Balkan borders would be a fatal mistake", 28 August 2018
- ESI, "Alpbach appeal to Vucic, Thaci and European leaders – Adi Cerimagic", 26 August 2018.
- ESI, "Making history? Macedonia and Elysium", 4 April 2018.
- ESI, "Balkan crises, imagined and real: Bosnian elections – PISA gap", 31 January 2018.
- ESI, "Wine, dog food and Bosnian clichés – False ideas and why they matter", 5 November 2017.
- European Western Balkans, "[EWB Interview] Ćerimagić: We need EU accession to be beneficial for WB states today" (23 October 2017)
- ESI, "The Chapter Illusion – For Honesty and Clearity in EU-Turkey relations", 15 May 2017.
- ESI, "Rankings that fail – Doing Business, Bosnia and Macedonia in 2015", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "A reporting revolution? Towards a new generation of progress reports", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "Measuring corruption – The case for deep analysis and a simple proposal", 19 March 2015.
- ESI, "Why Macedonia is not Finland – rankings and the PISA gap – Part I" , 26 May 2014
- ESI, "A simple idea: All Balkan countries take the OECD PISA test – and the Commission includes it in its Progress Report", 18 June 2014.