ESI Communicating Europe conferences
These conferences bring together senior policy-makers, MPs and journalists from each of the states of the Western Balkans for two days of off-the-record discussions on the state of debate on future enlargement in different EU Member states. ESI prepares the seminar and also compiles a detailed manual focusing on the key "connectors" in each EU Member State; the people in Government, Parliament, media, think-tanks, academia, business and interest groups who shape the debate on EU enlargement.
The series has been funded by the Reuniting Europe strand of the Strategic Programme Fund of the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). The events are invitation-only – nominations are made by British Embassies in Southeastern Europe. ESI is responsible for the agenda and the entire project management.
ESI-Wilton Park conferences on South Eastern Europe
SRSG, Søren Jessen-Petersen (Kosovo)
Mayor of Tirana, Edi Rama (Albania)
Deputy Prime Minister, Radmila Sekerinska (Macedonia)
State Secretary, Kim Traavik (Norway)
State Secretary, Osman Topcagic (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
ESI Wilton Park conferences
ESI and Wilton Park - one of the world's leading centres for the discussion of international issues – have organized six conferences since October 2002, inviting a wide range of prominent policy-makers and analysts to discuss progress in South Eastern Europe.
Please click below for information on each conference:
- What is the future of EU enlargement? Analysing the public debates. What are the implications for the Western Balkans? (WPS06/23 Wilton Park Conference, Monday 19 June – Wednesday 21 June 2006)
- The future of Mitrovica (WPS06/1 Wilton Park Conference, Thursday 29 – Friday 30 September 2005)
- Preparing South East Europe for EU accession (WPS05/11 Wilton Park Conference, Thursday 29 – Friday 30 September 2005)
- The New South East Europe - The Next Enlargement (749th Wilton Park Conference, Thursday 10 June – Sunday 13 June 2004)
- Kosovo's vicious circle - Underdevelopment, Insecurity And The Governance Crisis (Wilton Park Workshop WPS04/7, Friday 23 April – Monday 26 April 2004)
- Does Mitrovica Have A Future? Economic And Political Stability In A One-Company Town (WPS04/2 Wilton Park Workshop, Friday 30 January – Monday 2 February 2004)
- Addressing Organised Crime In The Western Balkans (729th Wilton Park Conference, Monday 10 November – Thursday 13 November 2003)
- Catching Up? The Western Balkans & The New Europe (711th Wilton Park Conference, Monday 12 May – Thursday 15 May 2003)
- A New European Moment? Linking South East Europe Into The European Union (688th Wilton Park Conference, Monday 14 October – Wednesday 16 October 2002)