Gerald joined a panel of leading experts to discuss Turkey's EU accession application, recent political and legislative developments in Turkey and the question of Turkey's role in Europe at an event hosted by the The Association of the Bar of the City of New York. He talked about definitions of culture and society as they impact Turkish-European relations and EU membership.
20 September 2007
ESI in New York - Turkey looks west and the West looks back
- 12 June 2018: Vienna – ESI at CLS event on the Western Balkans
- 8 June 2018: Dubrovnik – ESI at European Strategy Forum
- 7 June 2018: Support for ESI-Batory proposal regarding the rule of law in Poland: Lech Walesa and others
- 6 June 2018: Munich and Salzburg – ESI at public debates on European asylum and migration policy
- 6 June 2018: Rome – ESI at conference on the future of EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- 6 June 2018: Graz – Policy writing workshop at Centre for Southeast European Studies
- 28 May 2018: Paris – ESI at ECFR Annual Council Meeting and meetings on the future of European migration policy
- 25 May 2018: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College: Lessons from the Balkans - Intervention, stability and forecasting
- 23 May 2018: The Hague – Meetings on the reform of the European asylum system
- 22 May 2018: Berlin – ESI at panel on Bosnia's EU path and politics
- 21 May 2018: Vienna – ESI meets UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- 17 May 2018: Dakar – ESI at FEPS Global Migration Group meeting: "The dilemmas of the countries of origin"
- 15 May 2018: Brussels – ESI with EU Commissioner Oettinger at expert workshop: Unblocking the refugee relocation impasse?
- 5 May 2018: Hohenems – Presentation on Europe, asylum and human rights
- 4 May 2018: Skopje – ESI at conference on state capture in the Western Balkans
- 3 May 2018: Vienna – ESI at conference on the EU and the Western Balkans
- 28 April 2018: Vienna – ESI at FCO preparatory meeting for the Western Balkans London Summit
- 25 April 2018: Warsaw – ESI meetings on alternatives to the Dublin regulation reform, the rule of law in Poland and public debate on the EU-Turkey agreement
- 24 April 2018: Brussels – ESI at brainstorming on EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 18 April 2018: Visby – ESI at Visby conference: East and West in the New World Order
- More news…