ESI Senior Analyst Alexandra Stiglmayer participated in workshop that built four scenarios on how EU-Turkey relations could develop in the next two years and then formulated policy recommendations based on it. The workshop was organised by the Stiftung Mercator on 7/8 October 2016 in Istanbul to mark the opening of the foundation's Istanbul office. It brought together 20 experts from the EU and Turkey who intensively worked for two days and produced a report about the results of their work: "The Future of Turkey-EU Relations. Four Scenarios for 2018".
7 October 2016
Istanbul ESI at workshop building scenarios of future EU-Turkey relations
- 16 April 2018: Belgrade – ESI at anniversary conference of the European Fund for the Balkans
- 3 April 2018: Interview in Sόddeutsche Zeitung on European refugee policy
- 26 March 2018: Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung article on ESI senior fellow John Dalhuisen: "If you don't compromise you lose"
- 20 March 2018: Bremen ESI keynote lecture on the future of European asylum and migration policy
- 13 March 2018: Belgrade – ESI at regional conference on the latest strategy of the European Commission for the Western Balkans
- 8 March 2018: Dublin and Belfast – ESI lecture on the EU-Turkey Deal two years on and meetings post-conflict reconciliation
- 7 March 2018: Vienna ESI moderates a workshop on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- 7 March 2018: Berlin – ESI at think tank meeting on Turkey
- 1 March 2018: Rome ESI at FEPS Global Migration Group meeting: "The dilemmas of the destination countries"
- 28 February 2018: Skopje and Tirana ESI takes part in a brainstorming on the EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 20 February 2018: The Hague and Ter Apel ESI meetings with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service and public debates on the EU-Turkey deal
- 27 January 2018: Munich ESI at public debate on "Fences for Africa?"
- 25 January 2018: Belgrade ESI at panel on the upcoming EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 25 January 2018: Athens – ESI presentations on how to rescue EU asylum policy in the Mediterranean
- 22 January 2018: Brussels ESI at COWEB meeting on the Western Balkans at the Council of the EU
- 10 January 2018: Rome Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and migration policy
- 18 December 2017: Sofia – Discussions on migration at the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 15 December 2017: Belgrade – ESI at conference on the Western Balkans' EU perspective
- 13 December 2017: Berlin – ESI discussing Europe's challenges
- 10 December 2017: Amsterdam and The Hague Fact-finding mission to study the Dutch asylum system
- More news…