ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak at a conference organised by the Hanns Seidel Foundation, the Southeast Europe Association, and the Konstantinos Karamalis Institute for Democracy. The conference title was "Europe’s Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights", Gerald spoke at the first panel on "Migration and Refugees". Other speakers on his panel were Philippe Leclerc, UNHCR Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Christiana Kalogirou, Governor of the North Aegean Region, Herbert Albrecht, Head of the Migration Service at the Municipality of Nuremberg, and Maria Stavropoulou, Director of the Asylum Service, Greece.
22 May 2017
Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 30 October 2019: Budva – ESI at conference on economic development and emigration
- 16 October 2019: Zagreb – ESI meets policy makers and participates in round table on the upcoming Croatian EU presidency
- 10 October 2019: Paris – ESI at panel on Western Balkans youth and meetings with French officials
- 6 October 2019: Poznan – ESI at discussion on the way forward for the Berlin Process
- 25 September 2019: Tirana – ESI at discussion on the future of Europe
- 23 September 2019: Belgrade – ESI at the strategy review process of the European Fund for the Balkans
- 19 September 2019: Berlin – ESI meeting group of young people from Serbia, Kosovo, Germany and France
- 16 September 2019: Berlin – ESI at working lunch on alternative horizons for Western Balkans youths
- 6 September 2019: Cologne – ESI at workshop on the future of young people in Southeast Europe
- 5 September 2019: Sarajevo – ESI at conference with young politicians on the European project in the Western Balkans
- 24 July 2019: Rasnov – ESI at Romanian Film and History Festival
- 23 July 2019: Banjul – Making the case for a new generation of legal migration-return agreements between Germany and The Gambia
- 12 July 2019: La Hulpe – ESI at retreat on reforming EU civil society support for the Western Balkans and Turkey
- 10 July 2019: Madrid – ESI presenting proposal for visa free travel for Morocco and humane border controls
- 27 June 2019: Geneva – ESI at the Rafto Laureates Forum
- 24 June 2019: Vienna – ESI at discussion with the Austrian President on the future of Europe
- 23 June 2019: Passau – ESI presentation on European borders at the "European weeks"
- 20 June 2019: Odessa – ESI at symposium on challenges in Europe and its neighbourhood
- 18 June 2019: Vienna – ESI at debate about the future relationship of Serbia and Kosovo
- 13 June 2019: Banjul – Making the case for a new generation of legal migration-return agreements between Germany and The Gambia
- More news…