ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in Human Rights Watch's annual advocacy retreat in Beirut to brainstorming about refugee and human rights policy. Questions discussed were how NGOs can have an international impact? How to support decent policies and policy makers? How to write in ways which will not be ignored or forgotten? Gerald had long debates on ESI's proposals on European refugee policy; about the situation in the Aegean; about Australia and Nauru, and why human rights organizations had so little impact on government policy.
11 October 2017
Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 4 December 2018: Berlin – ESI at the presentation of the report of the UN special rapporteur on the independence of judges and lawyers on his mission to Poland
- 3 December 2018: The Hague ESI at conference on the future of the Western Balkans
- 30 November 2018: Berlin – ESI at morning briefing: UN migration compact - facts vs fake news
- 29 November 2018: Berlin – ESI at public debate on borders in Europe
- 28 November 2018: Belgrade ESI at conference on making enlargement a more credible process
- 27 November 2018: Berlin ESI at public debate on African migration to Europe
- 26 November 2018: Berlin ESI lecture on lessons from the expulsions in the Balkan wars
- 23 November 2018: Rome ESI at the NATO Defence College
- 22 November 2018: Zagreb ESI at conference on security challenges for Europe
- 22 November 2018: Brussels ESI at discussion on how to boost the renewed momentum for EU enlargement
- 22 November 2018: Siegburg ESI speaking on migration policy at Deutsche Bischofskonferenz
- 21 November 2018: Berlin ESI at meeting on EU enlargement and the Western Balkans
- 14 November 2018: Gφppingen ESI at Panel Debate in European migration policy with Boris Palmer
- 13 November 2018: London ESI at the UBS European Conference 2018: "Immigration: Threat to Europe Unity or Thriving Opportunity?"
- 9 November 2018: Copenhagen ESI at Danish Refugee Council conference: "People in Mixed Migration Flows - A Complex Reality"
- 8 November 2018: Berlin ESI at 2018 Europe's Strategic Choices Conference
- 8 November 2018: Tirana – ESI at the Western Balkans Youth Forum
- 7 November 2018: Vienna ESI at the Annual UNHCR Asylum Day
- 5 November 2018: Harvard – ESI at the 2018 Summit on the Future of Europe at Harvard University
- 5 November 2018: Vienna ESI takes part in public discussion on European alternatives for Western Balkans youth
- More news…