ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in Human Rights Watch's annual advocacy retreat in Beirut to brainstorming about refugee and human rights policy. Questions discussed were how NGOs can have an international impact? How to support decent policies and policy makers? How to write in ways which will not be ignored or forgotten? Gerald had long debates on ESI's proposals on European refugee policy; about the situation in the Aegean; about Australia and Nauru, and why human rights organizations had so little impact on government policy.
11 October 2017
Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 20 June 2018: Bern – ESI briefing on caviar diplomacy for the Swiss delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- 20 June 2018: Berlin – ESI debating with young social democrats (Jusos) on the EU and the Western Balkans
- 18 June 2018: Prague – Seminar on the future of European migration and asylum policy
- 17 June 2018: Berlin – ESI meets governing board of the Western Balkans Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO)
- 12 June 2018: Vienna – ESI at CLS event on the Western Balkans
- 8 June 2018: Dubrovnik – ESI at European Strategy Forum
- 7 June 2018: Support for ESI-Batory proposal regarding the rule of law in Poland: Lech Walesa and others
- 6 June 2018: Munich and Salzburg – ESI at public debates on European asylum and migration policy
- 6 June 2018: Rome – ESI at conference on the future of EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- 6 June 2018: Graz – Policy writing workshop at Centre for Southeast European Studies
- 28 May 2018: Paris – ESI at ECFR Annual Council Meeting and meetings on the future of European migration policy
- 25 May 2018: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College: Lessons from the Balkans - Intervention, stability and forecasting
- 23 May 2018: The Hague – Meetings on the reform of the European asylum system
- 22 May 2018: Berlin – ESI at panel on Bosnia's EU path and politics
- 21 May 2018: Vienna – ESI meets UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- 17 May 2018: Dakar – ESI at FEPS Global Migration Group meeting: "The dilemmas of the countries of origin"
- 15 May 2018: Brussels – ESI with EU Commissioner Oettinger at expert workshop: Unblocking the refugee relocation impasse?
- 5 May 2018: Hohenems – Presentation on Europe, asylum and human rights
- 4 May 2018: Skopje – ESI at conference on state capture in the Western Balkans
- 3 May 2018: Vienna – ESI at conference on the EU and the Western Balkans
- More news…