On 9 and 10 October 2017 ESI's Kristof Bender participated in a workshop on Europe's East-West divide, organised by the Institute for Human Sciences (IWM) in Vienna. The debate focused on different views on the future of Europe (divided visions), inequality as a factor driving the EU apart (divided wallets), and the controversy over how Europe should respond to migration and refugee flows (divided values). The workshop was part of the "Europe's Futures" project, an initiative of the IWM supported by ERSTE Foundation.
10 October 2017
Vienna – Europe’s East-West Divide
- 16 April 2018: Belgrade – ESI at anniversary conference of the European Fund for the Balkans
- 12 April 2018: Budapest – ESI at CEU workshop on action research, effective writing, and advocacy
- 3 April 2018: Interview in Süddeutsche Zeitung on European refugee policy
- 26 March 2018: Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung article on ESI senior fellow John Dalhuisen: "If you don't compromise you lose"
- 20 March 2018: Bremen – ESI keynote lecture on the future of European asylum and migration policy
- 13 March 2018: Belgrade – ESI at regional conference on the latest strategy of the European Commission for the Western Balkans
- 10 March 2018: Mannheim – ESI at panel debate on transnational governance and workshop on human rights advocacy
- 8 March 2018: Dublin and Belfast – ESI lecture on the EU-Turkey Deal two years on and meetings post-conflict reconciliation
- 7 March 2018: Vienna – ESI moderates a workshop on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- 7 March 2018: Berlin – ESI at think tank meeting on Turkey
- 1 March 2018: Rome – ESI at FEPS Global Migration Group meeting: "The dilemmas of the destination countries"
- 28 February 2018: Skopje and Tirana – ESI takes part in a brainstorming on the EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 20 February 2018: The Hague and Ter Apel – ESI meetings with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service and public debates on the EU-Turkey deal
- 27 January 2018: Munich – ESI at public debate on "Fences for Africa?"
- 25 January 2018: Belgrade – ESI at panel on the upcoming EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 25 January 2018: Athens – ESI presentations on how to rescue EU asylum policy in the Mediterranean
- 22 January 2018: Brussels – ESI at COWEB meeting on the Western Balkans at the Council of the EU
- 10 January 2018: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and migration policy
- 18 December 2017: Sofia – Discussions on migration at the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 15 December 2017: Belgrade – ESI at conference on the Western Balkans' EU perspective
- More news…