ESI's Kristof Bender attended a workshop on "The role of think tanks in Turkey-EU relations", organised by the Stiftung Mercator in Berlin. Against the backgroudn of increasingly complex and difficult relationships between Turkey and the EU and its member states, Mercator invited a group of think tankers, including specialists on Turkey as well as think tankers from other fields, to discuss how to improve the impact of policy-oriented research on Turkey and EU Turkey policy.
7 March 2018
Berlin – ESI at think tank meeting on Turkey
- 12 September 2018: Sarajevo – ESI at conference on the European future of Bosnia
- 11 September 2018: Ljubljana – ESI at the Bled Strategic Forum
- 6 September 2018: Skopje – ESI at the annual Aspen conference on the Western Balkans
- 29 August 2018: Santander – ESI presentation at UIMP University: How to save lives and preserve the refugee convention in the Mediterranean - lessons (not) learned
- 25 August 2018: Alpbach – ESI takes part at panel on "New perspectives on EU enlargement"
- 31 July 2018: Reactions to ESI proposal for refugee reception centres in Spain based on the Dutch "Ter Apel" model
- 26 July 2018: ESI interview: Did NATO's intervention in the Balkans work?
- 13 July 2018: Reactions to "Schwan-Knaus proposal for Dublin reform"
- 13 July 2018: Abuja and Benin City – ESI in Nigeria
- 12 July 2018: Brussels – ESI at round table on the European future of Bosnia
- 3 July 2018: The Hague – ESI at Western Balkans Seminar
- 24 June 2018: Vienna – ESI in live debate on Austrian TV: "Asylpolitik als Zerreißprobe – wie schafft Europa das?"
- 21 June 2018: Freiburg – ESI at public event on migration: "Safe pathways instead of deadly sea
- 20 June 2018: Bern – ESI briefing on caviar diplomacy for the Swiss delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- 20 June 2018: Berlin – ESI debating with young social democrats (Jusos) on the EU and the Western Balkans
- 18 June 2018: Prague – Seminar on the future of European migration and asylum policy
- 17 June 2018: Berlin – ESI meets governing board of the Western Balkans Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO)
- 12 June 2018: Vienna – ESI at CLS event on the Western Balkans
- 8 June 2018: Dubrovnik – ESI at European Strategy Forum
- 7 June 2018: Support for ESI-Batory proposal regarding the rule of law in Poland: Lech Walesa and others
- More news…