ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to attend the New Year's Reception with the presentation of the Baden-Württemberg Mission Statement on European policy at the Representation of the German state of Baden-Württemberg to the European Union.
On the next day he and ESI's Brussels senior analyst Alexandra Stiglmayer had a long debate on future European policy on migration and asylum with minister president Kretschmann and ministers of interior, integration and justice from Baden Württemberg. The presented the latest ESI proposals and analysis.
Alexandra and Gerald also had a meeting at the French Representation to the EU to discuss how France could cope with the rising numbers of asylum requests.
- Badische Zeitung, Frank Zimmermann, "Nicht das zynische Spiel anderer spielen" - interview with Gerald Knaus - ("Do not play the cynical game of others") (16 February 2019)
- Heidelberg – ESI at Baden-Württemberg's first reception centre for refugees (13 February 2019)
- Badische Zeitung, Christopher Ziedler, "Das 'Werkstattgespräch' kommt bei Unionspolitikern gut an" ("The 'workshop debate' is going down well with CDU/CSU politicians") (12 February 2019)
- Freiburg – ESI at panel discussion on migration policy with Gesine Schwan (12 February 2019)
- Stuttgarter Nachrichten, "Dieser Pakt stellt keine Gefahr dar" - interview with Gerald Knaus - ("This compact poses no danger") (29 November 2018)
- Südwest Presse, Susann Schönfelder, "Palmer plädiert für rationalere Diskussion" ("Palmer argues for a more rational debate") (15 November 2018)
- Göppingen – ESI at Panel Debate in European migration policy with Boris Palmer (14 November 2018)