On 1 February 2019 ESI's Kristof Bender attended a workshop on "Engaging civil societies in Turkey and the EU", organised in Istanbul by the Instituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), the Istanbul Policy Center (IPC) and the Stiftung Mercator. More than 40 participants discussed challenges for civil society in Turkey and explored which meaningful activities can be pursued in the current situation, marked by curtailed democratic freedoms and a standstill in Turkey's EU accession process.
1 February 2019
Istanbul – ESI at event on civil society in Turkey
- 19 September 2019: Berlin – ESI meeting group of young people from Serbia, Kosovo, Germany and France
- 16 September 2019: Berlin – ESI at working lunch on alternative horizons for Western Balkans youths
- 6 September 2019: Cologne – ESI at workshop on the future of young people in Southeast Europe
- 5 September 2019: Sarajevo – ESI at conference with young politicians on the European project in the Western Balkans
- 24 July 2019: Rasnov – ESI at Romanian Film and History Festival
- 23 July 2019: Banjul – Making the case for a new generation of legal migration-return agreements between Germany and The Gambia
- 12 July 2019: La Hulpe – ESI at retreat on reforming EU civil society support for the Western Balkans and Turkey
- 10 July 2019: Madrid – ESI presenting proposal for visa free travel for Morocco and humane border controls
- 27 June 2019: Geneva – ESI at the Rafto Laureates Forum
- 24 June 2019: Vienna – ESI at discussion with the Austrian President on the future of Europe
- 23 June 2019: Passau – ESI presentation on European borders at the "European weeks"
- 20 June 2019: Odessa – ESI at symposium on challenges in Europe and its neighbourhood
- 18 June 2019: Vienna – ESI at debate about the future relationship of Serbia and Kosovo
- 13 June 2019: Banjul – Making the case for a new generation of legal migration-return agreements between Germany and The Gambia
- 13 June 2019: Pristina and Skopje – ESI at panel discussions on the EU's role in solving bilateral disputes in the Western Balkans
- 11 June 2019: Vienna – ESI at event on North Macedonia
- 6 June 2019: Berlin – ESI at conference on Turkey’s influence in the Western Balkans
- 4 June 2019: Stockholm – Presentations on EU enlargement and migration policy
- 3 June 2019: Bucharest – ESI at think tank round-table
- 31 May 2019: Budapest – ESI at launch of "Reporting Democracy"
- More news…