- Basler Zeitung, "Bosnische Serben blockieren eine Annäherung an die EU" (October 30th 2005)
- Stuttgarter Zeitung, "Alle rufen, Paddy go home" (October 24th 2005)
- Frankfurter Rundschau, "Sechs Jahre danach" (October 12th 2005)
- Die Presse, "Was tun mit Bosnien: erhalten oder zerschlagen?" (October 10th 2005)
- BBC, "Pregovori sa EU su premala sargarepa" (October 10th 2005)
- Frankfurter Rundschau, "Brücken über die keiner geht" (October 7th 2005)
- Basler Zeitung, "Die internationale Bevormundung muss aufhören" (Interview with ESI Chairman Gerald Knaus) (November 19th 2005)
- The Wall Street Journal, "Occupational Hazard In Postwar Bosnia, Overruling Voters To Save Democracy" (October 1st, 2004)
- DANI, "Bosna i Hercegovina nece u Evropsku uniju moci sa OHR-om!" (February 20th 2004)
- The Atlantic Monthly, "Nation-Building 101" (January/February 2004)
- Libération, "Paddy Ashdown, le vrai patron de la Bosnie" (October 14th 2003)
- Dagens Nyheter, "Bosnien, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Irak… Hur genomförs ett fredsbygge när en stat störtat samman? Bosnien var ett politisk laboratorium, men har blivit en mardröm" (October 3rd 2003)
- Transitions online, "Living in a Paradox, Ashdown for President, Citizens of an Abnormal State" (September 17th 2003)
- Speech by the High Representative Lord Paddy Ashdown to BiH Parliamentary Assembly (September 10th 2003). Also available in Bosnian-Croat-Serbian.
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, "Die Macht der Gewohnheit" (August 30th 2003).
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Gespräch mit Mladen Invanic, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Hercegovina (August 21st 2003)
- The Economist, letter to the editor by Julian Braithwaite, director of communications, OHR (August 16th 2003)
- Neue Zürcher Zeitung, "Bosniens steinige Staatsbildung" (August 8th 2003)
- Corporate Radio Canada (CBC), The Current, radio interviews with Lord Paddy Ashdown and Gerald Knaus (August 7th 2003).
- Trouw, "Wie is de baas?" (August 5th 2003)
- Dani, interview with Senad Slatina, Analyst of the ICG, "State building does not have a timetable" (August 1st 2003)
- Dani, Report of the ICG: All paradoxes of Lord Ashdown, "Paddy and the recovery of the written offs" (August 1st 2003)
- Financial Times, "Self-rule no closer in Bosnia ruled by Decree" (July 30th 2003)
- The Economist: "The viceroy rules, OK? Not everyone thinks so" (July 26th 2003)
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, "Wohlwollende Despoten", by Gerald Knaus and Felix Martin (July 25th 2003)
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, "Unmut in Bosnien-Hercegovina" (July 25th 2003). Also available in English: Displeasure in Bosnia-Hercegovina: "The path to democracy is blocked"
- Oslobodenje: "Let Paddy Reign" (July 24th 2003)
- International Crisis Group, "Bosnia's Nationalist Governments: Paddy Ashdown and the Paradoxes of State Building" (July 22nd 2003)
- Bosnia Daily, translation of extracts from Nezavisne Novine editorial (July 22nd 2003)
- OHR press-review: Busek says BiH is under international protectorate / Ashdown denies existence of protectorate in BiH (July 22nd 2003)
- Slobodna Bosna, interview with Gerald Knaus, Director ESI (July 17th 2003)
- BH TV, 7 o'clock news (July 16th 2003)
- Croatian Radio Herzeg-Bosna, Dragan Mikerevic statement (July 16th 2003)
- Profil, Austria, "Despoten an der Drina" (July 14th 2003)
Read the Bosnian-Croat-Serbian translation from Slobodna Bosna: Evropa protiv Ashdowna: Austrijski "Kurir" piše o Visokom predstavniku (July 17th 2003).
- High Representative Lord Paddy Ashdown, interview given to BH Radio 1 (July 12th 2003)
- High Representative Lord Paddy Ashdown in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung: "We want to achieve legislation stamped 'Made in Bosnia'" (July 10th 2003) Also available in German and Bosnian-Croat-Serbian.
- Morgenbladet, "Tung nasjonsbygging" (July 11th 2003)
- Deutsche Welle Radio, transcript, "Still there is a debate on Ashdown" (July 10th 2003)
- Slobodna Bosna, "Maharadza iz našeg sokaka: Paddy Ashdown na udaru medunarodnih eksperata" (Bosnian-Croat-Serbian, July 10th 2003)
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, "Disappointment on both sides" (July 8th 2003)
- BBC Worldservice (July 7th 2003)
- The Guardian, "A new liberal imperialism?" (Letters on the above mentioned article, July 7th 2003)
- The Guardian, "Ashdown 'running Bosnia like a Raj'" (July 5th 2003)