ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to deliver the keynote speech ("Orderly migration and social cohesion") at the annual conference of the German asylum agency BAMF in Nuremberg.
Gerald focused on the situation in the Mediterranean and cooperation between the EU and third countries. He called for the responsible authorities in Europe to cooperate even better and, above all, more systematically. "We must not lose our empathy, but we do need a strategy," he said.
During the conference Gerald was gave a short interview:
- Die Welt, "Experten üben harsche Kritik an Migrationspolitik" ("Experts harshly criticise migration policy") (21 November 2019)
- BR24, "Nürnberger Tage für Migration: Experten üben Kritik" ("Nuremberg Migration Days: expert criticism") (21 November 2019)
- BAMF Image film for the event
- ESI proposals for the refugee crises in the Central Mediterranean and the Aegean: www.esiweb.org/refugees
- Media reactions to ESI refugee proposals