ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak at a conference organised by the Hanns Seidel Foundation, the Southeast Europe Association, and the Konstantinos Karamalis Institute for Democracy. The conference title was "Europe’s Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights", Gerald spoke at the first panel on "Migration and Refugees". Other speakers on his panel were Philippe Leclerc, UNHCR Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Christiana Kalogirou, Governor of the North Aegean Region, Herbert Albrecht, Head of the Migration Service at the Municipality of Nuremberg, and Maria Stavropoulou, Director of the Asylum Service, Greece.
22 May 2017
Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 5 Mayıs 2018: Hohenems Presentation on Europe, asylum and human rights
- 4 Mayıs 2018: Skopje – ESI at conference on state capture in the Western Balkans
- 3 Mayıs 2018: Vienna – ESI at conference on the EU and the Western Balkans
- 28 Nisan 2018: Vienna – ESI at FCO preparatory meeting for the Western Balkans London Summit
- 25 Nisan 2018: Warsaw ESI meetings on alternatives to the Dublin regulation reform, the rule of law in Poland and public debate on the EU-Turkey agreement
- 24 Nisan 2018: Brussels – ESI at brainstorming on EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 18 Nisan 2018: Visby – ESI at Visby conference: East and West in the New World Order
- 16 Nisan 2018: Belgrade ESI at anniversary conference of the European Fund for the Balkans
- 16 Nisan 2018: Alt-Madlitz – ESI at conference on rule of law promotion in the Western Balkans
- 16 Nisan 2018: Berlin – ESI at Bundestag hearing on reforming the common European asylum system
- 12 Nisan 2018: Budapest ESI at CEU workshop on action research, effective writing, and advocacy
- 3 Nisan 2018: Interview in Süddeutsche Zeitung on European refugee policy
- 26 Mart 2018: Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung article on ESI senior fellow John Dalhuisen: "If you don't compromise you lose"
- 22 Mart 2018: Sofia – ESI talks about EU-Turkey refugee statement
- 20 Mart 2018: Bremen ESI keynote lecture on the future of European asylum and migration policy
- 19 Mart 2018: Pravets - ESI at Bulgarian School of Politics
- 13 Mart 2018: Belgrade – ESI at regional conference on the latest strategy of the European Commission for the Western Balkans
- 10 Mart 2018: Mannheim – ESI at panel debate on transnational governance and workshop on human rights advocacy
- 8 Mart 2018: Dublin and Belfast – ESI lecture on the EU-Turkey Deal two years on and meetings post-conflict reconciliation
- 7 Mart 2018: Vienna ESI moderates a workshop on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- More news…