ESI analyst Adnan Cerimagic spoke at a working lunch titled "Young Generations for the New Balkans 2030: Towards Alternative Horizons", organised by the International Institute for Peace (IIP) from Vienna and co-organised by the European Stability Initiative (ESI), the Austrian Institute for International Affairs, Karl Renner Institute and the Austrian Embassy to Germany. The working lunch took place on 16 September 2019 in Berlin.
Adnan presented ESI's research on EU and Western Balkans, in particular related to Kosovo-Serbia dialogue, opening of accession talks with North Macedonia and Albania, visa liberalization process for Kosovo and measuring and incentivizing reforms in the Western Balkans. Other panelists were young researchers from across the Western Balkans.
In the afternoon, together with other panelists, Adnan visited the German Chancellery and the Foreign Office where they had meetings with diplomats working on the Western Balkans. This event is part of the IIP's "The Western Balkans Initiative" that aims to bring young researchers from the Western Balkans closer to EU decision makers. The group already visited Vienna and The Hague, while visits to Paris, Brussels and Zagreb are planned.
- ESI, "HOW ARE THEY DOING? European Commission assessments of North Macedonia, Serbia and Albania (April 2018)", 29 April 2019.
- ESI Newsletter, "The Hypnotist – North Macedonia this summer – In Memoriam Dejan", 28 April 2019.
- ESI, "The Hypnotist – Aleksandar Vucic, John Bolton and the return of the past", 25 April 2019.
- ESI briefing paper: A West Balkan Agenda for 2019, 29 October 2018
- Politico, Adnan Ćerimagić, "Redrawing Balkan borders would be a fatal mistake", 28 August 2018
- ESI, "Alpbach appeal to Vucic, Thaci and European leaders – Adi Cerimagic", 26 August 2018.
- ESI, "Making history? Macedonia and Elysium", 4 April 2018.
- ESI, "Balkan crises, imagined and real: Bosnian elections – PISA gap", 31 January 2018.
- ESI, "Wine, dog food and Bosnian clichés – False ideas and why they matter", 5 November 2017.
- European Western Balkans, "[EWB Interview] Ćerimagić: We need EU accession to be beneficial for WB states today" (23 October 2017)
- ESI, "The Chapter Illusion – For Honesty and Clearity in EU-Turkey relations", 15 May 2017.
- ESI, "Rankings that fail – Doing Business, Bosnia and Macedonia in 2015", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "A reporting revolution? Towards a new generation of progress reports", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "Measuring corruption – The case for deep analysis and a simple proposal", 19 March 2015.
- ESI, "Why Macedonia is not Finland – rankings and the PISA gap – Part I" , 26 May 2014
- ESI, "A simple idea: All Balkan countries take the OECD PISA test – and the Commission includes it in its Progress Report", 18 June 2014.