Alpbach - ESI takes part at panel on "New perspectives on EU enlargement"
ESI's analyst Adnan Cerimagic took part at an opening ceremony of the Political Symposium of the European Forum Alpbach in Austria where he spoke on “New perspectives on EU enlargement.”
Adnan spoke against changes of borders along ethnic lines in the Western Balkans and presented some of ESI's ideas on the future of EU enlargement to the Western Balkans.
Other panelists included EU commissioner in charge for enlargement, Johannes Hahn, presidents of Austria, Alexander Van der Bellen, Slovenia, Borut Pahor, Kosovo, Hashim Thaci, and Serbia, Aleksandar Vucic.
Adnan's full speech is available at “The Anti-Lausanne Principle – How (not) to set the Balkans aflame again” as well as his post-conference op-ed in Politico Europe, “Redrawing Balkan borders would be a fatal mistake.”
- ESI, “The Lausanne Principle: Multiethnicity, Territory and the Future of Kosovo's Serbs” (7 June 2004)
- Dnevin avaz, “Licnost sedmice: Adnan Cerimagic” (“Person of the week: Adnan Cerimagic) (1 September 2018)
- BBC Radio, “World updates: 'Border corrections' talks haunt the Balkans” (30 August 2018)
- Radio Student Slovenia, “Proti risanju meja s krvjo” (“Against drawing borders with blood) (29 August 2018)
- Onet, “Korekta granic na Bałkanach byłaby tragicznym błędem” (“Redrawing Balkan borders would be a tragic mistake) (28 August 2018)
- Politico Europe, “Redrawing Balkan borders would be a fatal mistake” (28 August 2018)
- European Western Balkans, “Ćerimagić: Leaders of Kosovo and Serbia reviving dangerous ideas” (28 August 2018)
- BBC Radio, “BBC World Service” (27 August 2018)
- Rumeli Observer, “The Anti-Lausanne Principle – How (not) to set the Balkans aflame again” (26 August 2018)
- ESI, “Balkan crises, imagined and real: Bosnian elections – PISA gap” (31 January 2018)
- European Western Balkans, “[EWB Interview] Ćerimagić: We need EU accession to be beneficial for WB states today” (23 October 2017)