Berlin – ESI discusses economic impact of pandemic in the Western Balkans
ESI analyst Adnan Cerimagic participated in a virtual discussion titled "The Balkans: When Pandemic Hits Fragile Economies" organised by the Italian Institute for International Political Studies (ISPI) in Milan and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. The virtual discussion took place on 22 May 2020.
In his interventions Adnan presented some of the ESI's research on the EU and the Western Balkans relations, as well as socio-economic challenges in the region.
Other speakers included Ivan Scalfarotto, undersecretary of state at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Guido Clary, head of Slovenia and Western Balkans Unit at the European Investment Bank, Danilo Ćurčić, program coordinator at the A11 Initiative in Belgrade, Aldo Fumagalli Romario, chairman and managing director of the Italian SOL Group, Jovana Marović, Executive Director at the Politikon Network and Andrea Cascone, Adriatic and Western Balkans director at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. Discussion was chaired by Giorgio Fruscione, research fellow at the ISPI.
- Balkan Insight, Kristof Bender, Gerald Knaus, Adnan Cerimagic, "EU Has Turned Enlargement into a Hamster Wheel", 21 January 2020.
- ESI newsletter, "Hamster in the Wheel – Credibility and EU Balkan policy", 16 January 2020.
- ESI, "Hamster in the Wheel – Credibility and EU Balkan policy", 15 January 2020.
- ESI newsletter, "Coup de grâce – Delors and squaring the circle – Norway in the Balkans", 25 October 2019.
- ESI, "HOW ARE THEY DOING? European Commission assessments of North Macedonia, Serbia and Albania (April 2018)", 29 April 2019.
- ESI newsletter, "The Hypnotist – North Macedonia this summer – In Memoriam Dejan", 28 April 2019.
- ESI, "The Hypnotist – Aleksandar Vucic, John Bolton and the return of the past", 25 April 2019.
- ESI briefing paper: A West Balkan Agenda for 2019, 29 October 2018
- Politico, Adnan Ćerimagić,"Redrawing Balkan borders would be a fatal mistake", 28 August 2018
- ESI, "Alpbach appeal to Vucic, Thaci and European leaders – Adi Cerimagic", 26 August 2018.
- ESI, "Making history? Macedonia and Elysium", 4 April 2018.
- ESI, "Balkan crises, imagined and real: Bosnian elections – PISA gap", 31 January 2018.
- ESI, "Wine, dog food and Bosnian clichés – False ideas and why they matter", 5 November 2017.
- European Western Balkans,"[EWB Interview] Ćerimagić: We need EU accession to be beneficial for WB states today" (23 October 2017)
- ESI, "The Chapter Illusion – For Honesty and Clearity in EU-Turkey relations", 15 May 2017.
- ESI, "Rankings that fail – Doing Business, Bosnia and Macedonia in 2015", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "Measuring corruption – The case for deep analysis and a simple proposal", 19 March 2015.
- ESI, "Why Macedonia is not Finland – rankings and the PISA gap – Part I" , 26 May 2014
- ESI, "A simple idea: All Balkan countries take the OECD PISA test – and the Commission includes it in its Progress Report", 18 June 2014.