Budapest – ESI at launch of "Reporting Democracy"
On 31 May 2019 around 100 journalists, academics and activists gathered for the "Reporting Democracy Conference", held to mark the launch of a new cross-border journalism platform covering the state of democracy in Visegrad Four countries and the Balkans. ESI's Kristof Bender spoke in the first panel on "The Erosion of European Democracy: Causes & Consequences". The other panels focused on threats and opportunities for media and on civic protest in Central Eastern Europe and the Balkans.
- All panels can be watched here: Reporting Democracy, "BIRN conference probes democracy's pressure points", 4 June 2019
- BIRN, "BIRN Reporting Democracy Project Warns Freedom is in Peril", 31 May 2019
- Talas, "Odbrana demokratije u vremenu straha - BIRN lansirao platformu o stanju demokratije u Evropi" (Defending democrady in the time of fear - BIRN launched platform on the status of democracy in Europe), 31 May 2019
- ESI report: Under Siege – Why Polish courts matter for Europe, 22 March 2019
- ESI newsletter: Dark twins – Viktor, Matteo and the Drowning of Europe (16 August 2018)
- New website of Reporting Democracy: reportingdemocracy.org