Rome – ESI at conference on "Paving Legal Pathways for Migration"
5 December 2019
ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in a conference within the framework of Rome Med 2019, organised by the Italian MFA, ISPI, and the German Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung.
Gerald's panel ("Beyond managing: legal pathways for migration") was moderated by Matteo Villa, Research Fellow, ISPI, Italy. Participants were:
- Rear Admiral Kamel Akrout, Former First National Security Adviser to the President, Tunisia
- Alessandra Morelli, Head of Mission, UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Niger
- Francesca Mannocchi, Journalist, Espresso, Italy
Gerald said that "we need to promote realism in migration questions and the key word is partnership with countries of origin".
During the conference, he gave a short interview:
Are European Union Member States really willing to collaborate on migration issues? We discussed the question at #Med2019 today with @rumeliobserver, Founding Chairman @esi_eu— ISPI (@ispionline) December 5, 2019
? Discover more on https://t.co/VogIE1xetT pic.twitter.com/ketsHI7lYA
- ESI proposals for the refugee crises in the Central Mediterranean and the Aegean: www.esiweb.org/refugees
- Media reactions to ESI refugee proposals