Berlin – ESI at Aspen Institute conference on Western Balkans reform processes
ESI analyst Adnan Cerimagic participated in the conference "Strengthening Parliaments and Their Role in the Western Balkans Reform Processes", organised by the Aspen Institute Germany and the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The conference took place from 7 to 10 May 2019 in Berlin.
At a panel titled "Conditionality in the Western Balkans – Is the EU's Approach Still Delivering?" Adnan presented ESI's research on the EU and the Western Balkans, in particular related to measuring and incentivizing reforms in the Western Balkans and the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue. Another speaker at the panel was Gunther Krichbaum, chairman of the Committee for European Affairs in the German Bundestag. Other participants included diplomats, officials and parliamentarians, as well as representatives of civil society from the Western Balkans, Germany, Croatia and Slovenia.
- ESI, "HOW ARE THEY DOING? European Commission assessments of North Macedonia, Serbia and Albania (April 2018)", 29 April 2019.
- ESI Newsletter, "The Hypnotist – North Macedonia this summer – In Memoriam Dejan", 28 April 2019.
- ESI, "The Hypnotist – Aleksandar Vucic, John Bolton and the return of the past", 25 April 2019.
- ESI briefing paper: A West Balkan Agenda for 2019, 29 October 2018
- Politico, Adnan Ćerimagić, "Redrawing Balkan borders would be a fatal mistake", 28 August 2018
- ESI, "Alpbach appeal to Vucic, Thaci and European leaders – Adi Cerimagic", 26 August 2018.
- ESI, "Making history? Macedonia and Elysium", 4 April 2018.
- ESI, "Balkan crises, imagined and real: Bosnian elections – PISA gap", 31 January 2018.
- ESI, "Wine, dog food and Bosnian clichés – False ideas and why they matter", 5 November 2017.
- European Western Balkans, "[EWB Interview] Ćerimagić: We need EU accession to be beneficial for WB states today" (23 October 2017)
- ESI, "The Chapter Illusion – For Honesty and Clearity in EU-Turkey relations", 15 May 2017.
- ESI, "Rankings that fail – Doing Business, Bosnia and Macedonia in 2015", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "A reporting revolution? Towards a new generation of progress reports", 9 November 2015.
- ESI, "Measuring corruption – The case for deep analysis and a simple proposal", 19 March 2015.
- ESI, "Why Macedonia is not Finland – rankings and the PISA gap – Part I" , 26 May 2014
- ESI, "A simple idea: All Balkan countries take the OECD PISA test – and the Commission includes it in its Progress Report", 18 June 2014.