Vienna – ESI debating Germany’s and Austria’s role in EU accession process
On 25 and 26 April 2022 ESI’s Kristof Bender was invited to an off-the record expert meeting to discuss the process of EU enlargement at the “Wiener Dialog” organised by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation in Vienna in co-operation with the University of Passau. The “Wiener Dialog” aims to identify and develop policy proposals that Germany and Austria could advocate for together within the EU. The focus areas were the European Green Deal, joint foreign and security policy, economic and monetary union, and enlargement policy. Kristof was invited to participate in the debate on enlargement policy. The event was held according to Chatham House rules.
- ESI proposal: Open EU Single Market to the Balkans
- ESI newsletter: Slovenia, Serbia and an EU-Balkan breakthrough in 2021 (9 March 2021)
- Balkan Insight, “EU Has Turned Enlargement into a Hamster Wheel” (21 January 2020)
- ESI report: Hamster in the Wheel. Crediblity and EU Balkan policy (15 January 2020)
- ESI newsletter: Coup de grâce - Delors and squaring the circle - Norway in the Balkans (26 October 2019)