Prague – ESI at discussion on what kind of Europe we need
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to give a presentation on “What kind of Europe do we need?” at the Jesuit House in Prague.
In his presentation, Gerald argued that the EU accession process needs to be fixed, giving hope to Ukraine, Moldova, and the Western Balkans countries. He reminded the audience of the simple yet powerful vision that started the European project in the 1950s: a Europe without wars and barriers between its people. Gerald also highlighted the importance of the role that the current EU Czech presidency plays in this objective.
- ESI proposal: “Open EU Single Market to the Balkans”
- ESI report: “The Balkan Turtle Race”
- ESI: An airlift 2022 for Ukrainians
- Deutschlandfunk Kultur, EU refugee policy: Between isolation and a new beginning (Interview with Gerald Knaus) , 19 August 2022
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, The European Turtle Race , 16 July 2022
- Liberal Forum, What happened to EU enlargement with Gerald Knaus (Podcast with Gerald Knaus) , 9 July 2022