Tirana – ESI talks about EU enlargement with the Western Balkans civil society organisations
ESI senior analyst Adnan Cerimagic took part in the 2023 Tirana Civil Society and Think Tank Forum (CSF) which took place on 14 and 15 October 2023 under the title “Unlocking Progress: The European Future of the Western Balkans.”
The CSF 2023 describes itself as “a series of events aimed at fostering dialogue, sharing best practices, and developing policy recommendations among civil society representatives, think-tankers, and experts from the Western Balkans. The forum seeks to contribute to regional cooperation, EU-related reforms, and the accession process in the Western Balkans. The CSF is organised as part of the Berlin Process Summit.” More here.
Adnan spoke at a panel titled “The Politics of Enlargement: How to seize the new momentum?” where he presented some of the ESI’s research analysis.
Other panelists included in the discussion forum were: Viola von Cramon-Taubadel, Member of European Parliament, European Green Party, Ditmir Bushati, Former Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs of Albania, Nikola Dimitrov, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the North Macedonia, Ana Krstinovska, Research Fellow, ELIAMEP; President, ESTIMA, Alexandra Voudouri, Research Fellow and Journalist, ELIAMEP.
- “Preventing violence – transform Kosovo dialogue”
- “Scoreboard - The true state of accession - What the Commission assessments reveal”
- “End the turtle race How the EU can address the crisis of the accession process”
- “Offer the four freedoms to the Balkans, Ukraine, and Moldova For a merit-based EU accession process with a credible goal”
- “47 again? Russia out, Kosovo in Support Kosovo’s membership in the Council of Europe”
- “Abandon clichés about Bosnia: Push EU-related reforms instead of arbitrary conditions”
- “No partition: Why Kosovo and Serbia must not discuss territory”
- “Anti-Corruption Report for the West Balkans: Measure corruption in order to fight it”