Skopje – Presentations and meetings on ESI's newest analysis and recommendations
ESI's Gerald Knaus will be speaking at several events in Skopje:
Thursday, 5 June, 10.00
Presentation at FON University, organised by CRPM and Konrad Adenauer Stiftung on "Is enlargement over? And does it matter?".
Friday, 6 June, 10.00
Presentation of ESI proposals for future of EU enlargement policy to European diplomats in Skopje, Dutch Embassy.
Friday, 6 June, 18.00
Presentation at the Skopje Forum, organised by CRPM inside the Porta Makedonija, upper floor, conference hall. Keynote speech on "Godot in Skopje" – How the EU lost Macedonia, and much else. How Macedonia is losing itself. Why we must blame EU gobbledygook. And how this is linked to Le Pen, Putin, the revolution in Ukraine and the Gezi protests.
- EU Policy Dialogues – "The Future of EU Enlargement" (5 June)
- Skopje Forum on the future of liberal democracy, Europe and the Balkans (6 June)
- ESI Macedonia website section
Articles on Rumeli Observer on Macedonia:
- Why Macedonia is not Finland – rankings and the PISA gap – Part I (26 May 2014)
- Why Macedonia is not Finland – mousetraps and romantic nationalism – Part II (26 May 2014)
- Oped in Koha Ditore: One decade has been lost. What about the next one? (1 April 2013)
- Macedonia and the EU council conclusions – a small but important step forward (13 December 2012)
- Skopje and Athens – can a version of the ESI proposal work? (30 November 2012)
- Paradise Lost? From Smyrna to Skopje to Berlin (part 1) (31 October 2010)
- A name compromise now. Or perhaps never? (Interview in Dnevnik) (16 August 2010)