Athens – Presentations and meetings on the Syrian refugee crisis
ESI's Gerald Knaus presented ESI's proposal for the solution of the refugee crisis at a briefing at the Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP). A report on the biefing is available here.
On the second day of his visit, Gerald gave a presentation on the refugee crisis at the Swedish Embassy in Athens.
While in Athens, Gerald also had meetings with journalists and other EU diplomats. He also delivered a speech on the political transformation in Southeast Europe in the context of EU enlargement and the refugee crisis at a meeting of Swiss ambassadors to Southeastern Europe.
- Background paper: Berlin Initiative – Resolving the Aegean refugee crisis in early 2016 (8 December 2015)
- Post-summit paper: The devil in the details (29 November 2015). Also available in Turkish: Ayrıntıda Gizlenen Şeytan
- ESI background document: Turkey as a "Safe Third Country for Greece (17 October 2015)
- ESI compilation: The 2015 Refugee Crisis through statistics (17 October)
- ESI policy proposal: The Merkel Plan – A proposal for the Syrian refugee crisis (4 October 2015). Also available in Turkish (Merkel Planı) and Italian (Il piano Merkel)
- ESI policy proposal: Why people don't need to drown in the Aegean (17 September 2015)