Hannover – ESI at panel discussion on war refugees and solidarity
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in the event “Security in Change – How Politics Can Organise Social Cohesion in Times of Crisis” organised by the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung.
Gerald took part in the panel “This time we are prepared – new war refugees and active solidarity” and spoke about the war in Ukraine and the refugee crisis it has caused. Millions of Ukrainians are in need of aid and should be distributed fairly and rapidly across the EU, so that they can integrate more easily. Gerald argued that the best answer to such crises are realistic humane solutions .
Gerald debated with Vanessa Gattung (Mayor of Papenburg). The panel was moderated by Cosima Schmitt (Journalist and ZEIT author). An introductory impulse was given by Stephan Manke (State Secretary of the State of Lower Saxony).
- ESI: An airlift 2022 for Ukrainians
- ESI: Humane Borders: Saving the Refugee Convention
- ESI: 70 years Refugee Convention - what now?
- Die Welt, ”Sociologist Knaus: Ukraine war will also decide about the EU”, 9 June 2022
- Die Furche, "Ukraine refugees: "Fuelling fear does not succeed"" (Interview with Gerald Knaus ), 2 June 2022