Gerald Knaus participated in the European Council on Foreign Relations' bi-annual Council Meeting in Stockholm on 10-12 May. Other participants included Urban Ahlin, Deputy Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee (Sweden), Martti Ahtisaari, Former President of Finland and Nobel Peace Prize winner, Gunilla Carlsson, Swedish Minister for International Development Cooperation, Joschka Fischer, Former German Foreign Minister and Vice-Chancellor, George Soros, Chairman of the Open Society Institute, and Vaira Vike-Freiberga, Former Latvian President and member of the EU Reflection Group.
10 May 2009
ESI participation in bi-annual ECFR Council Meeting in Stockholm
- 6 November 2017: Skopje – Meetings on on EU enlargement, education, and refugees
- 23 October 2017: Rome – ESI debating refugee and migration policy at the Festival della Diplomazia
- 20 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in a round table on EU policy towards the Western Balkans
- 19 October 2017: Wilton Park – ESI presenting proposals for rule of law reforms at high level event on "Security, the Western Balkans and the UK"
- 11 October 2017: Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 10 October 2017: Brussels – ESI presentation on the Rome Plan for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean
- 3 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI meets EPP president Joseph Daul to discuss the future of EU policy towards Bosnia
- 27 September 2017: Stockholm – ESI presentation on corruption in the Council of Europe and the end of Caviar Diplomacy
- 22 September 2017: Cologne – ESI on human rights under pressure at public broadcaster forum
- 19 September 2017: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 September 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 7 September 2017: Zurich – ESI at Zurich Migration Conference discussing new models for refugee protection
- 6 September 2017: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 September 2017: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign ministers panel on EU enlargement
- 6 July 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- 4 July 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 4 July 2017: Istanbul – ESI at workshop on revitalising Turkey-EU-Germany relations
- 3 July 2017: Ankara – ESI at workshop: "EU-Turkey Protocol: Expectations and Implementations"
- 29 June 2017: Bern – ESI at Swiss MFA Western Balkans retreat
- 22 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Azerbaijan: shrinking or lost spaces for opposition?"
- More news…