ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in the Human Rights Weekend organised by Human Right Watch in Amsterdam. After a sreening of the documentary Chasing Asylum featuring footage from inside Australian detention camps for refugees, Gerald discussed with Judith Sunderland (Human Rights Watch Associate Director, Europe and Central Asia Division) the EU-Turkey statement on migration and other refugee deals.
28 January 2017
Amsterdam – ESI at the Human Rights Weekend
- 20 November 2017: Hannover – ESI at panel debate on the situation of refugees in Libya and in the Mediterranean
- 13 November 2017: Vienna – ESI presentations: The EU in Wonderland - What's wrong in the European debate on borders, asylum, and refugees
- 6 November 2017: Skopje – Meetings on on EU enlargement, education, and refugees
- 23 October 2017: Rome – ESI debating refugee and migration policy at the Festival della Diplomazia
- 20 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in a round table on EU policy towards the Western Balkans
- 19 October 2017: Wilton Park – ESI presenting proposals for rule of law reforms at high level event on "Security, the Western Balkans and the UK"
- 11 October 2017: Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 10 October 2017: Brussels – ESI presentation on the Rome Plan for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean
- 3 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI meets EPP president Joseph Daul to discuss the future of EU policy towards Bosnia
- 27 September 2017: Stockholm – ESI presentation on corruption in the Council of Europe and the end of Caviar Diplomacy
- 22 September 2017: Cologne – ESI on human rights under pressure at public broadcaster forum
- 19 September 2017: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 September 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 7 September 2017: Zurich – ESI at Zurich Migration Conference discussing new models for refugee protection
- 6 September 2017: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 September 2017: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign ministers panel on EU enlargement
- 6 July 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- 4 July 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 4 July 2017: Istanbul – ESI at workshop on revitalising Turkey-EU-Germany relations
- 3 July 2017: Ankara – ESI at workshop: "EU-Turkey Protocol: Expectations and Implementations"
- More news…