ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in the Human Rights Weekend organised by Human Right Watch in Amsterdam. After a sreening of the documentary Chasing Asylum featuring footage from inside Australian detention camps for refugees, Gerald discussed with Judith Sunderland (Human Rights Watch Associate Director, Europe and Central Asia Division) the EU-Turkey statement on migration and other refugee deals.
28 January 2017
Amsterdam – ESI at the Human Rights Weekend
- 24 April 2017: Strasbourg – ESI at PACE side event: Corruption Allegations and Transparency in the PACE - The way forward
- 5 April 2017: Rome – ESI at conference on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans and meetings on "The Malta Plan"
- 4 April 2017: Essen – ESI at Mercator Salon: European democracies and populism
- 1 April 2017: Ulcinj – ESI discusses freedom of movement in the EU and the Western Balkans
- 30 March 2017: Paris – Meetings on European foreign policy and "The Malta Plan"
- 29 March 2017: Mostar – ESI discusses 60 years of the Rome Treaties and the future of EU enlargement policy
- 27 March 2017: Valetta – ESI at conference on EU migration policy and meetings on "The Malta Plan"
- 27 March 2017: Cologne – EU-Turkey agreement one year on – and now?
- 27 March 2017: Vienna – ESI at debate on EU-Turkey relations
- 23 March 2017: Amsterdam – ESI lecture: The EU-Turkey deal one year on
- 21 March 2017: Brussels – The EU-Turkey statement: success or failure?
- 15 March 2017: Visby – ESI at Visby conference: Europe Whole and Free – Challenges in the Eastern Neighbourhood
- 15 March 2017: Barcelona – The EU-Turkey agreement on refugees one year on
- 7 March 2017: Vienna – Towards a humane and effective asylum policy
- 4 March 2017: Delphi – ESI at the Delphi Economic Forum: Facing the refugee crisis and managing the EU response
- 3 March 2017: Vienna – ESI at Humanitarian Congress: "Forced to Flee – Humanity on the Run"
- 26 February 2017: Wellesley – ESI at Albright Institute conference on migration
- 24 February 2017: Washington D.C. – ESI lecture on Global Caviar Diplomacy at Hudson Institute
- 22 February 2017: Bratislava - ESI discussing migration and developments on the Balkan route
- 18 February 2017: Camden – ESI at the Camden Conference: Germany, Europe, and the politics of refugee protection
- More news…