ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to participate in the Dutch-German Forum 2017 on migration and integration. He spoke on a panel on the refugee crisis and the future of the EU. Other speakers included Mathias Jopp, director of the Insitute for European Politics, Jan-Peter Balkenende, former prime minister of the Netherlands, and Jan Willem Beaujean, Deputy Director-General for International Migration of the Netherlands.
18 January 2017
Berlin – ESI at the Dutch-German Forum 2017
- 20 November 2017: Hannover – ESI at panel debate on the situation of refugees in Libya and in the Mediterranean
- 13 November 2017: Vienna – ESI presentations: The EU in Wonderland - What's wrong in the European debate on borders, asylum, and refugees
- 6 November 2017: Skopje – Meetings on on EU enlargement, education, and refugees
- 23 October 2017: Rome – ESI debating refugee and migration policy at the Festival della Diplomazia
- 20 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in a round table on EU policy towards the Western Balkans
- 19 October 2017: Wilton Park – ESI presenting proposals for rule of law reforms at high level event on "Security, the Western Balkans and the UK"
- 11 October 2017: Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 10 October 2017: Brussels – ESI presentation on the Rome Plan for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean
- 3 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI meets EPP president Joseph Daul to discuss the future of EU policy towards Bosnia
- 27 September 2017: Stockholm – ESI presentation on corruption in the Council of Europe and the end of Caviar Diplomacy
- 22 September 2017: Cologne – ESI on human rights under pressure at public broadcaster forum
- 19 September 2017: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 September 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 7 September 2017: Zurich – ESI at Zurich Migration Conference discussing new models for refugee protection
- 6 September 2017: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 September 2017: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign ministers panel on EU enlargement
- 6 July 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- 4 July 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 4 July 2017: Istanbul – ESI at workshop on revitalising Turkey-EU-Germany relations
- 3 July 2017: Ankara – ESI at workshop: "EU-Turkey Protocol: Expectations and Implementations"
- More news…