ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak at a conference organised by the Hanns Seidel Foundation, the Southeast Europe Association, and the Konstantinos Karamalis Institute for Democracy. The conference title was "Europe’s Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights", Gerald spoke at the first panel on "Migration and Refugees". Other speakers on his panel were Philippe Leclerc, UNHCR Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Christiana Kalogirou, Governor of the North Aegean Region, Herbert Albrecht, Head of the Migration Service at the Municipality of Nuremberg, and Maria Stavropoulou, Director of the Asylum Service, Greece.
22 May 2017
Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 13 March 2018: Belgrade – ESI at regional conference on the latest strategy of the European Commission for the Western Balkans
- 7 March 2018: Vienna – ESI moderates a workshop on EU enlargement in the Western Balkans
- 7 March 2018: Berlin – ESI at think tank meeting on Turkey
- 28 February 2018: Skopje and Tirana – ESI takes part in a brainstorming on the EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 27 January 2018: Munich – ESI at public debate on "Fences for Africa?"
- 25 January 2018: Belgrade – ESI at panel on the upcoming EU strategy for the Western Balkans
- 25 January 2018: Athens – ESI presentations on how to rescue EU asylum policy in the Mediterranean
- 22 January 2018: Brussels – ESI at COWEB meeting on the Western Balkans at the Council of Europe
- 10 January 2018: Rome – Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and migration policy
- 18 December 2017: Sofia – Discussions on migration at the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 15 December 2017: Belgrade – ESI at conference on the Western Balkans' EU perspective
- 13 December 2017: Berlin – ESI discussing Europe's challenges
- 10 December 2017: Amsterdam and The Hague – Fact-finding mission to study the Dutch asylum system
- 7 December 2017: Novi Sad – ESI discusses EU perspective of the Western Balkans
- 7 December 2017: Budapest – Balkan Fellowship for Journalistic Excellence
- 7 December 2017: Ankara – Meetings with EU diplomats and Turkish NGOs on how to save the EU-Turkey agreement and why it is in the interest of Greece, the EU and Turkey
- 6 December 2017: Brussels – Meetings on EU Balkan policy, the Macedonian name issue, and a plan to overcome the crisis in the Aegean
- 29 November 2017: Athens – Meetings and presentations on the impact of the EU-Turkey statement
- 23 November 2017: Zurich – Swiss lessons for EU reception and asylum policy
- 20 November 2017: Hannover – ESI at panel debate on the situation of refugees in Libya and in the Mediterranean
- More news…