Gerald Knaus speaks on a panel organised by the Brussels-based European Policy Centre, in collaboration with the King Baudouin Foundation and the World Bank, on Migration and Remittances: Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Other speakers include Ali Mansour, former Lead Economist at the World Bank, and Norbert Bielefeld, Deputy Director Payment Systems at the World Savings Banks Institute. Gerald presents the most recent ESI Kosovo-related report "Cutting The Lifeline. Migration, Families and the Future Of Kosovo".
16 January 2007
ESI in Brussels – Worldbank presentation on Migration and Remittances
- 6 December 2017: Brussels – Meetings on EU Balkan policy, the Macedonian name issue, and a plan to overcome the crisis in the Aegean
- 29 November 2017: Athens – Meetings and presentations on the impact of the EU-Turkey statement
- 23 November 2017: Zurich – Swiss lessons for EU reception and asylum policy
- 20 November 2017: Hannover – ESI at panel debate on the situation of refugees in Libya and in the Mediterranean
- 13 November 2017: Vienna – ESI presentations: The EU in Wonderland - What's wrong in the European debate on borders, asylum, and refugees
- 6 November 2017: Skopje – Meetings on on EU enlargement, education, and refugees
- 23 October 2017: Rome – ESI debating refugee and migration policy at the Festival della Diplomazia
- 20 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in a round table on EU policy towards the Western Balkans
- 19 October 2017: Wilton Park – ESI presenting proposals for rule of law reforms at high level event on "Security, the Western Balkans and the UK"
- 11 October 2017: Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 10 October 2017: Brussels – ESI presentation on the Rome Plan for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean
- 3 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI meets EPP president Joseph Daul to discuss the future of EU policy towards Bosnia
- 27 September 2017: Stockholm – ESI presentation on corruption in the Council of Europe and the end of Caviar Diplomacy
- 22 September 2017: Cologne – ESI on human rights under pressure at public broadcaster forum
- 19 September 2017: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 September 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 7 September 2017: Zurich – ESI at Zurich Migration Conference discussing new models for refugee protection
- 6 September 2017: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 September 2017: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign ministers panel on EU enlargement
- 6 July 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- More news…