A few days before Serbia's elections Eggert Hardten and Gerald Knaus present ESI's most recent Serbia research in Belgrade's Aero Club under the title The cost of non-Europe in Serbia. The research they present forms part of the large New Economic Geography of the Balkans project supported by Erste Stiftung in Vienna. Discussants included Gordana Lazarevic - assistant minister for international economic relations of Serbia, Sonja Licht, and Milica Djilas. Gerald Knaus also gives two interviews to RTS and another private Serbian TV station about the research. Eggert Hardten attends the convention of the Democratic Party.
18 January 2007
ESI in Belgrade – the Cost of Non-Europe
- 23 October 2017: Rome – ESI debating refugee and migration policy at the Festival della Diplomazia
- 20 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI takes part in a round table on EU policy towards the Western Balkans
- 19 October 2017: Wilton Park – ESI presenting proposals for rule of law reforms at high level event on "Security, the Western Balkans and the UK"
- 11 October 2017: Beirut – ESI at advocacy retreat to discuss refugee and human rights policy
- 10 October 2017: Brussels – ESI presentation on the Rome Plan for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean
- 3 October 2017: Sarajevo – ESI meets EPP president Joseph Daul to discuss the future of EU policy towards Bosnia
- 27 September 2017: Stockholm – ESI presentation on corruption in the Council of Europe and the end of Caviar Diplomacy
- 22 September 2017: Cologne – ESI on human rights under pressure at public broadcaster forum
- 19 September 2017: Munich – ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 September 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 7 September 2017: Zurich – ESI at Zurich Migration Conference discussing new models for refugee protection
- 6 September 2017: Berlin – The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 September 2017: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign ministers panel on EU enlargement
- 6 July 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- 4 July 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 4 July 2017: Istanbul – ESI at workshop on revitalising Turkey-EU-Germany relations
- 3 July 2017: Ankara – ESI at workshop: "EU-Turkey Protocol: Expectations and Implementations"
- 29 June 2017: Bern – ESI at Swiss MFA Western Balkans retreat
- 22 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate: "Azerbaijan: shrinking or lost spaces for opposition?"
- 20 June 2017: Berlin – ESI at public debate on the German perspective on the refugee crisis
- More news…