ESI's Gerald Knaus was invited to speak at a conference organised by the Hanns Seidel Foundation, the Southeast Europe Association, and the Konstantinos Karamalis Institute for Democracy. The conference title was "Europe’s Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights", Gerald spoke at the first panel on "Migration and Refugees". Other speakers on his panel were Philippe Leclerc, UNHCR Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Christiana Kalogirou, Governor of the North Aegean Region, Herbert Albrecht, Head of the Migration Service at the Municipality of Nuremberg, and Maria Stavropoulou, Director of the Asylum Service, Greece.
22 May 2017
Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 19 Eylül 2017: Munich ESI lecture: EU, border protection, and asylum: plea for a moral refugee policy
- 17 Eylül 2017: Zagreb – ESI discusses the future of EU and Western Balkans relations
- 6 Eylül 2017: Berlin The New "Macedonian" Moment for the Western Balkans?
- 5 Eylül 2017: Bled – ESI moderating Western Balkans foreign minister panel on EU enlargement
- 6 Temmuz 2017: Chios – ESI at debate on the situation of refugees in Turkey and Europe
- 4 Temmuz 2017: German quality daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on ESI's policy proposal for the refugee crisis in the Central Mediterranean: "ESI plan for Italy and Africa might work"
- 4 Temmuz 2017: Istanbul ESI at workshop on revitalising Turkey-EU-Germany relations
- 3 Temmuz 2017: Ankara – ESI at workshop: "EU-Turkey Protocol: Expectations and Implementations"
- 29 Haziran 2017: Bern – ESI at Swiss MFA Western Balkans retreat
- 22 Haziran 2017: Berlin ESI at public debate: "Azerbaijan: shrinking or lost spaces for opposition?"
- 20 Haziran 2017: Berlin ESI at public debate on the German perspective on the refugee crisis
- 20 Haziran 2017: Berlin ESI at public debate: "Problem Solved? - How to tackle the Refugee Crisis and Migration to the EU"
- 15 Haziran 2017: Budapest ESI at CEU workshop on action research, effective writing, visualization, and advocacy
- 14 Haziran 2017: ESI interview on Dutch TV on EU asylum and migration policy
- 9 Haziran 2017: Brussels ESI on the Western Balkans at the Political Assembly of the European People's Party
- 8 Haziran 2017: Rome Lecture at Nato Defense College on the Western Balkans and meetings on EU asylum and border policy
- 29 Mayıs 2017: Berlin – ESI at the Think 20 Summit "Global Solutions"
- 22 Mayıs 2017: Athens – "Europe's Borders: Security, Migration, Human Rights"
- 18 Mayıs 2017: The Hague "Human Act or Devil's Pact? Human rights aspects of migration agreements between EU and third countries"
- 16 Mayıs 2017: Brussels ESI at the Think Global Day: "Fortress Europe: closed or open?"
- More news…